11. || SETTLING IN

"Cause problems and you become the problem."  - Teddy Armstrong.
_________
THROUGH THE SCOPE
CHAPTER ELEVEN
SETTLING IN

"Is everyone ready?" Teddy asked the group as she looked around the room. Each member stood with a bag on their back or by their sides. A few looked at each other and then at Rick.

Rick spoke up. "Yeah, let's go," he replied.

Teddy nodded and the group followed her and Daryls lead out of the building and towards the two cars they had brought back with them. The group huddled together split between the two cars, Teddy was driving one and Rick the other. He followed closely behind.

"Hey Michonne," Teddy began as she looked in the rear view mirror at her, "now you know you're coming back, can you please replenish my supplies," she grinned, knowing Michonne had taken food from the box in the back of her car.

Michonne grinned sheepishly, "you saw that?"

"I see everything," Teddy responded bluntly and honestly.

***********

Rick would never admit it, but he was in awe as he arrived at Teddy's base. The way they were organised, the way they took guard, the atmosphere. It was the opposite of what he had expected. He glanced around the main camp, holding Judith in his arms.

He had expected a sludgy mound in the middle of the pond, but the ground was firm under his feet and the building looked sturdy. He wondered how they had managed to get the sheets of metal across the water, but he was starting to realise that this mastermind, killer had more tricks up her sleeve than he could even begin to imagine.

The lay out was impeccable, crowded, but it worked. Seeing everyone sat around tables, chatting - it was like seeing a glimpse of what they had at the prison, but better.

"Would you like a tour?" A voice broke his thoughts. It was Teddy. "I can introduce you to a few people, but it would take me all day to introduce you to everyone."

As if on cue Freddy and Alex appeared. "It's nice to finally meet you all," Alex announced with a smile on his face. He was still dressed in full military uniform, as was Freddy. Their earpieces hanging from their ears, and mud splashed across their faces. "Alex," he introduced, "and this is Freddy."

Freddy gave a small wave and a smile at the group.

"Rick," he replied shortly.

Teddy stepped aside as the group introduced themselves to Alex and Freddy. "What do you do here?" Maggie asked curiously.

"We scout, mainly. But we participate in supply runs also. It's usually how we find people to check out," Freddy replied.

Maggie nodded slowly. "Glenn is good at supply runs. In and out, without being noticed," she said proudly.

"We know," the two men replied.

Glenn chuckled awkwardly rubbing his hand across the back of his neck and then rearranging the hat on his head, "of course you do."

"Anyway," Teddy began breaking the tension. "Usually we would provide you with tents, but we are currently waiting for more. We have a group out on a supply run, they won't be back for a few weeks. You can stay inside until they come back and we can set you up with something else afterwards. It'll be cramped, but you'll be warm."