10. || ANOTHER HOME

"Let's try and make this work." - Rick Grimes

____________________
THROUGH THE SCOPE
CHAPTER TEN
ANOTHER HOME

Michonne and Daryl unintentionally stayed the night with Teddy's camp. By the time Daryl had come out from seeing Merle the sun was going down and there was no way they wanted to drive in the dark. Teddy gave them a place to stay. A large empty room with several beds. It was used by a group that was currently out scouting areas almost three hundred miles away so they wouldn't have any use for it yet.

Michonne told Daryl about her tour around the camp. She believed that this place could be the start of a new life. Somewhere for Carl and Judith to thrive. She hoped Rick agreed to come back with them.

When Daryl and Michonne returned to find the rest of the group, Teddy went with them, driving another car, so that if Rick decided he did want to join her group, there was a way of transporting everyone there.

The spent the entire day driving, only stopping to stretch their legs. Eventually, they arrived at the office blocks where they last saw Rick and the rest of the group.

The car park was eerily quiet, and they couldn't tell if the group was still there or not.

Slowly, the three made their way into the building keeping their eye out for any walkers or the living.

Michonne let out a relieved breath when she saw Carl on watch with Maggie, stood by two large doors.

"Michonne," Carl called out, a smile stretched across his face.

Carl and Michonne had greeted each other before Carl and Maggie allowed Teddy, Daryl and Michonne inside.

As Teddy stepped into the large room where the group was, she could feel all their eye staring back at her. Rick was still hesitant about having her around, his face stone cold and his hand on his hip where his gun was.

"Well?" Rick asked, looking at Michonne and Daryl for answers.

Michonne smiled. "It is a great place. You wouldn't believe what they've accomplished in such a small space. They have a great routine, great plans, and amazing people."

Rick looked to Daryl, hoping he would voice his opinion.

"Michonnes right. I didn't see as much as she did, but they had everything you could need. Food, weapons, trusting men and women. Everyone's got a place, it's what we need Rick, we can't be jumping from building to building when we have Judith," Daryl explained.

"I never doubted you for a minute, Teddy," Abraham said as he stood up and patted her back. "She's a good woman, Rick. You need to trust her."

Rick looked around, seeing that everyone was nodding in agreement.

Rick looked at Teddy and nodded. "Alright, let's try and make this work."

Teddy nodded. "Of course. I'll do my part, but you have to do yours," she began. "It's obvious that you're the leader here, but when you get there, you won't be. You control your group, but don't try and control mine. They have their orders, they do their jobs, they won't listen to you."