8. || THE LAKE

"I knew you wouldn't let me down Teddy Bear." - Merle Dixon
____________________
THROUGH THE SCOPE
CHAPTER EIGHT
THE LAKE

"Still a bully then?" Teddy questioned as Negan ordered Dwight out of the room, with a shove against the shoulder.

Negan smirked. "You know me T."

She scoffed. "Unfortunately."

Negan smiled. "Still look alright, I see the end of the world is treating you well," he stated as he took a step closer to her.

"Can't say the same for you, looking a little rough round the edges, what would Daddy say?"

Negan continued to smile. "Daddy is dead."

"Yeah and turning in his grave!" She spat angrily. "What the hell do you think you're doing, getting one of your fuck ups to drag me here! I want nothing to do with you and never will again."

"Tut, tut, tut, no need to be so upset. You know I still love you, little sis."

"Well I hate you."

****

Lets get going," Daryl mumbled as he walked out of the cabin, not before glancing out of the window to make sure there were no walkers around.

The night had been quiet, true to her word Michonne had taken watch all night, but neither Teddy or Daryl slept. Instead they sat at opposite ends of the room glaring at one and other.

Michonne and Teddy followed behind. Michonne was keeping watch for any walkers as they made their way back to the car while Teddy spoke over the radio to Alex.

"He's doing better," Teddy announced as she caught up with Daryl. "Docs managed to stop the bleeding, and Merles survived the night, he's awake and talking," she explained.

Daryl turned to her briefly and nodded before getting into the passenger side of the car.

The rest of the ride was silent, no one said a word, Michonne slept for a few hours, but Daryl was wide awake and alert, making sure it wasn't a trap.

"Five minutes," was all Teddy said as the familiar land came into view.

Daryl and Michonne both tensed when they passed three armed guards. All with large guns and stern looks on their faces.

Teddy gave them a simple nod before stopping the car and getting out. "Come on," she said.

Michonne and Daryl followed her out of the car, earning glares from the three guards.

"It's alright, this is Daryl and Michonne, they're part of the group we've been following," Teddy explained to the guards before turning her attention back to Michonne and Daryl who were keeping a close eye on their surroundings. "This is Al, Beau, and Callum."

Daryl arched his eyebrow as he looked at them. They looked practically the same; all three had messy red hair, brown eyes and a full beard.

"They're triplets," Teddy announced, noticing the look on Daryl's face. "They don't speak much either. Anyway, follow me," she ordered Daryl and Michonne.

Michonne and Daryl looked to the triplets and then back at each other, both with the same expression on their faces before they followed Teddy trying not to snigger.

Both watched in amazement as they broke through the tree line and came face to face with a large murky lake. The sun bounced off the water making it difficult to see over the other side.