6. || BROTHER

"You know Merle once said you were the sweet one." - Teddy Armstrong.

_____________________
THROUGH THE SCOPE
CHAPTER SIX
BROTHER

"Has anyone seen Teddy?" Maria Ashton asked.

Everyone who was seated and eating turned to the panicked women and shook their heads.

"Didn't she go out on that supply run with Arthur's group?" Mark Jepson asked.

Maria shook her head. "She was in her office when I last saw her, but when I went back there was blood sprayed across the walls, but no bodies," she said, speaking quickly from the fright she had just had.

Everyone got to their feet, abandoning their plates. "Round up everyone, we'll start a search, keep vigilant, we may have had a breach," Mark shouted to everyone around him.

Everywhere was searched, but Teddy was nowhere to be found, there was also no idea as to who the blood belonged to. It was the livings and not the dead, but who's? Everyone, but Teddy and the teams on supply runs had been accounted for.

"Wait," Alex began. "Has anyone seen Dwight?"

Everyone looked around.

"Count up again!"

***

"Just let me drive!" Teddy snapped as she fought against Daryl by the side of the car as Michonne fought against a small herd of walkers heading their way.

"Just tell me the way and I can drive!" Daryl growled.

"It's easier if I just drive," Teddy snapped.

"Just get in the damn car!" Michonne snapped. The slight distraction gave Teddy enough chance to push Daryl away and get into the driver's seat. She had already started the car by the time Daryl had realised.

Daryl grumbled to himself in annoyance as he and Michonne followed suit. The tires screeched loudly against the Tarmac and soon they were on their way, travelling the long journey back to Teddy's camp.

"Um, you in the back," Teddy began.

"My names Michonne," Michonne grumbled.

"Yeah, you. Can you go into the metal box and pass me the batteries for the radio, I need to keep it on in case they contact me again," Teddy explained.

Michonne sighed but did as she asked. She opened the box, and her eyes instantly widened. The box wasn't very large, but it had an array of different weapons, necessary medical supplies and food. Michonne took the packet of batteries and handed them to Daryl.

Michonne took some of the food supplies and placed them into her bad unnoticed. If they decided against staying, at least they had a bit of food to return with.

Daryl replaced the old batteries with the new ones and switched the radio back on. Teddy snatched it from his hand and began radioing back through.

"It's Teddy, I'm on my way back now," she said, hoping someone would get the response.

"Ask them how my brother is," Daryl hissed. At that moment, he didn't care that he was in the passenger seat of a car with women he still wasn't sure could be one hundred percent trusted, he just needed to know how his brother was.