The Stolen Kits [Warrior Cats Fanfic] Chapter 1

~Chapter 1~

*ScorchClan*

-Scorchfeather’s POV-

I stretched my jaws in a yawn, shaking my head as I walked into the main camp. It was a small clearing surrounded by large boulders with a stream trickling through the middle. The warrior’s den that I had just exited was a large hollow formed in the rock wall which you got to after going through a small tunnel. The nursery and apprentice’s den are also made like this and are connected by hidden tunnels that are usually blocked to provide privacy and prevent kits from tumbling into the other dens.

“Scorchfeather, you hungry?” I shifted my gaze over to one of my sisters, Appleblaze, and nodded, walking over to her as my ear twitched. The early morning sunshine was beating down on the cliff face that was on one side of the camp, which was where we got most of our food, hunting eagles and hawks that launched themselves from the high peaks.

I settled down next to Appleblaze, my tortoiseshell-and-ginger pelt completely different compared to her ginger, brown spotted one. She was eating a piece of eagle from yesterday.

“I’m full already and you know I hate wasting it.” She mewed. I nodded, eating it up.

“Alright, everyone! Let’s get some patrols together!” I glanced at our deputy, Lightningblaze. His gray and orange tabby pelt was gleaming in the sunlight and his green eyes were shining in excitement like always. He was happy-go-lucky at all times. Except in battle. That was the only time I ever saw him serious.

“I’ll lead a border patrol.” Russetstream, my old mentor, volunteered. He was lapping at his russet and gray fur to get all the kinks out.

“Thanks Russetstream. Take Glossynight, Spikecloud and Mouseberry. Go along the FogClan border,” After the tom nodded, Lightningblaze moved on, “Birchsong, could you take a patrol to the StormClan border?”

The slender brown she-cat nodded her head.

“Great. Take Boulderglance, Viperhiss, Wolfhowl and Birdtuft.” She nodded again, gathering the patrol. Lightningblaze looked around at the cats left in the clearing as those two patrols headed through the cracked rock that led outside the boulder-blocked clearing.

“Okay….Ravagetooth, Waterscar and Scorchfeather, could you guys lead a hunting patrol?” I looked up at my name and nodded.

“Great. Scorchfeather, you’re the best at eagle-hunting. Why don’t you try at that? The last one is almost gone.”

“Gotcha.” I answered, gulping down the rest of my meal and stood up, glancing around for who I would bring.

“Eaglescreech, Orangesky and Shadethunder. You guys wanna go?” All the toms nodded. They were some of the best eagle hunters as well.

“One moment.” Orangesky called, gulping down the rest of his vole and then bounding over to us, bouncing over the stream and followed us out of the cracked rock.

“Race ya.” I teased, shooting off on the trail that weaved up the cliff and kept us hidden from the sky.

“You’re on!” Eaglescreech meowed, rushing after me and I let out a purr of amusement, bounding up the rocks. This was what ScorchClan was made for. We lived among boulders, our haunches were built for springing from rock to rock without a problem.

****

“Wow!” One of the kits called, his eyes lighting up as my patrol headed back into the clearing. Shadethunder was helping me drag one eagle while the other two each had a hawk.