To celebrate keeping my job, and to mourn the loss of Clyde for a few more days, I stop on my way home and grab Chinese food for me and Theo.

⬤⬤⬤

"Theo, I'm home," I yelled, opening the apartment door. "And I brought food!"

"Food?" He said, emerging from his room carrying Cluff.

"Chinese," I answer, grabbing 2 plates from the cupboard and placing them on the counter.

"Mmm, yum. I'll pour the wine!" He says, putting down Cluff and getting the wine glasses.

Feeling a sharp claw on my calf, I look down and see Cluff trying to climb up my body. Bending down, I picked him up and snuggled him to my chest.

"How's this little guy been?" I ask Theo, petting Cluff over the head and kissing him on his nose.

"He's the definition of a trouble maker. And all he ever does is want to eat, he begs me for food during the day."

"Oh baby, are you giving uncle Theo a hard time?" I whisper to Cluff, in which I get a meow back.

Laughing, I set him down and poured some food into his bowl and began eating with Theo at the countertops.

"So what's the deal with you and Zackie?" I ask him, taking a big bite of Chicken Teriyaki.

"I'm not sure. I just feel a deep connection with him, ya know? I feel like we're actually getting somewhere. And it's been three weeks, which is a new record for me." He replied, chewing on some fried rice.

"I like him. He has a cool name and his movie choices are phenomenal," I tell him, thinking back to the movie night Theo, Zackie, Clyde and I had last week.

"You can tell him that, he'll be here later tonight."

"If you keep me and Cluff up, I will knock your brain out of your head," I tell him with a serious expression on my face.

"Don't worry, Zackie has this serious fear of being overheard. He refuses to have sex if anyone is in the apartment. So thanks, it's your fault I won't be getting any action," Theo states, glaring at me and finishing off his plate.

"Serves you right!"

We finish our glasses and clean up, putting the leftovers in the fridge and giving each other hugs to say goodnight.

"C'mon buddy, let's go to bed," I whisper, picking up Cluff and bringing him to my room.

After changing into pajamas, which in my case is a cami top and short shorts, I brush my teeth and take off the makeup from the day.

I climb into bed, dragging Cluff with me, and pull out my phone to see I have a new message from Clyde.

*Clyde Lyles-

Call?

After seeing the message, I instantly hit dial and listen to the phone ring for about 2 seconds until he picks up.

"Hey," he breathes, sounding relieved.

"HI," I reply, a grin instantly overtaking my face.

"How was your day?"

"It was good. I told my boss about the baby," I tell him, rubbing my hand over my protruding stomach.

"That's good. How'd he take it?"

"Surprisingly well. How was your day?"

"It was missing one thing; seeing your beautiful face. So it was below average, which makes the day unbelievably sucky," he says, a cute and teasing tone in his voice.

"Only three more days," I tell him, closing my eyes and imagining our encounter.

"Three more days," he whispers back.

"Meow," Cluff cuts in.

"Is that Cluff?" Clyde asks, laughing.

"Yeah, apparently he's a bad boy during the day."

"He takes over his daddy," Clyde replies, again with the teasing tone.

"You bad, bad boy," I laugh.

"Listen, I gotta go. I'll talk to you tomorrow, okay?" He says, urgency in his voice.

"Okay, sounds good," I say back.

"Goodnight," he says, waiting for me to reply back to him and hanging up the phone.

As the day draws closer to an end, the sky draws closer to a new beginning. 

_____________

CHAPTER FIFTEEN DONE!

Song this chapter: The Fray, You Found Me

And if you click to the right, you'll see another photo of Cluff :)

PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW because I've updated 3 times this week with pretty awesome chapters. And you love me. 

Xoxo, Cooler_Than_You_101