My Heart Is Not Homophobic {26}

***Milo’s POV***

                JJ and I walked into school together the next day. He gulped and squeezed my hand tightly. “There’s Pat. I better go make sure he’s okay,” he said quietly. “I’ll go with you,” I said and kissed him. He smiled at me gratefully before we walked over to Pat, Gabe, and Felix.

                Pat turned around and smiled softly at JJ. “Hi JJ. I’m sorry,” he said sincerely. But his eyes were terrifying. This was not the same boy I had met when I first came here. Whatever was wrong with Pat, it was quickly taking over him and destroying his mental health.

                “It’s okay Pat. Are you, uh, do you feel okay?” JJ asked cautiously. Pat nodded. “Yea. I was just really tired and upset. I hope you’re okay.” JJ nodded. “I’m fine,” he said quietly.

                Pat glanced at me but didn’t say anything. He smiled back at JJ. “Come on Pat, let’s go to first period,” Gabe said and grabbed Pat’s wrist to pull him away. Pat smacked his hand off angrily. “I was talking to JJ,” he snapped.

                “No, Gabe’s right, Pat. I need to get to first period,” JJ said and pulled me away before Pat got the chance to say anything else.

                “Shit. His eyes. That’s…that’s not even Pat,” JJ said, his voice trembling. “JJ…I’m a little scared. What if he tries to hurt us?” I asked quietly. He certainly didn’t look like he was afraid to fucking kill the two of us. He was crazy, and if he wasn’t, he was damn close to it.

                “He wouldn’t. Pat wouldn’t hurt else, Milo. He might throw a few punches, but that’s it. He would never seriously hurt anyone,” JJ said, but even he sounded unsure. “Just keep an eye out, okay?” he added as an afterthought. I nodded and kissed him before going to first period.

                When we were back in third period, JJ spun around and kissed me. “Hey you,” he mumbled. “Hey,” I said and laughed.

                “Hi JJ,” Pat said, shooting me a dirty look before sitting down next to JJ. “Hi Pat,” JJ said, trying to sound casual instead of afraid. “Are we hanging out afterschool?” Pat shook his head. “No, I have something to do since I wasn’t here yesterday,” he said with a grin.

                “Oh. Okay,” JJ said, sounding nervous. “We can hang out, if you want,” Gabe said with a shrug and JJ nodded. “Yea, Gabe. Sounds good.”

                He went back to looked at me and smiled. He grabbed my hand and kissed me gently. He pulled away and smiled at me, and I caught the look Pat was giving me. It instantly made my blood run cold. Jesus fucking Christ there was something seriously wrong with that boy.

                During lunch, I sat down with JJ, Pat, Gabe, and Felix. Felix and Pat got up to go buy lunch and JJ glanced at Gabe. “Gabe, he’s scaring me. He’s going to do something to me or Milo, I just know it. I can feel it and I can tell by the looks he keeps giving us. You have to do something,” JJ said quietly.

                Gabe shrugged helplessly. “There’s nothing I can do, JJ. He wouldn’t hurt you guys. Maybe threaten you a little, but not hurt. So calm down,” he said. JJ shook his head. “Gabe, he attacked me the other day. He would hurt us.”

                Pat and Felix were coming back, so they shut their mouths and began to eat. “Jason, want to hang out this weekend?” Pat asked and I glanced at JJ curiously. He shot Pat a look. “No. I’m going to the movies with Milo. And I told you to call me JJ,” he growled. Pat smirked.

                “Jason?” I asked curiously. JJ sighed. “I hate my name. Jason James Hottie. I only like to be called JJ,” he said and ran a hand through his hair. “Oh,” I said and laughed a little. He rolled his eyes and leaned down, pressing his lips to mine. I kissed him back eagerly, not caring what kind of dirty looks Pat was giving us.

                We pulled away and I smiled and JJ. He put his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I rested my head on his shoulder and took a sip of Arnold Palmer, comfortable. I wasn’t going to let some mentally fucked up kid tear us apart.

                The bell rang and we got up and left the cafeteria. “How old is Pat?” I asked curiously. “15. He’s a year younger than us,” JJ said as we held hands and made our way down the hallway.

                When school was over, I went to my locker and began to gather my stuff. “Hey, I’m going over to Gabe’s house. Want to come? Pat won’t be there. He said he had to stay afterschool for something,” JJ said. I shrugged. “Yea, but I have to turn in a long term quick, so I’ll meet you down at the student parking lot,” I said and JJ nodded and kissed me.

                I went up to the math wing and handed my teacher my long term before leaving and going outside of the school. I began to make my way towards the student parking lot. There weren’t a lot of kids here anymore. Most had already left, or were taking the busses.

                “Hey, Milo.” I spun around curiously to face Pat. He sighed. “Come here, I need to talk to you,” he said, his hair hanging in his eyes. I couldn’t tell if they had that scary look in them or not. I hesitated before cautiously making my way over to Pat.

                “I wanted to say sorry for being such an ass about you and JJ being together,” he said with another sigh. He ran his hands through his hair. “Really?” I asked, surprised. He grinned and I could now see his eyes. They froze me. God he was in insane.

                “Of course not, you dumb fuck,” he growled and grabbed me. He slapped a hand over my mouth and dragged me to the side of the school where we wouldn’t be seen.

                He slipped his jacket off and tied it around my face tightly. Part of it was shoved in my mouth, and my screams became muffled. My eyes were partially covered, but I could still see his eyes. Those insane eyes.

                “I’m going to break your mother fucking arms, and then JJ won’t want you,” he growled viciously and grabbed my arm. I struggled as he began to pull my arm behind my back to break it. Holy shit. I couldn’t get free. He was really going to break my arms.