My Heart Is Not Homophobic {9}

A.N.- I made a second book trailer and this one has music video clips...so it's more entertaining ;DD But...It was only my 2nd or 3rd time working with the editing system so it's not very good :/ Check it out if you want ;pp

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                                                ***Milo’s POV***

                “Hey Milo!” Roman said happily the next day, coming up to me. I smiled at him. “Hi Roman!” He and I began to talk as we made our way over to River.

                “Hi Roman,” River said. “Hi Roman!” River smiled a little. “So, we should all hang out after school,” I said and they nodded eagerly. “We could go to the movies?” River suggested. “Sure!” I said and Roman nodded again.

                “Hiya!”

                We all glanced at a kid that had wandered over to us. He smirked. “Would one of you happen to be Milo?” “Uh…I would,” I said, confused.

                “Sweet. Come here; I gotta ask you something,” the kid said. “Leave him alone,” River said angrily. “River. Shut up,” the kid said, glancing at River and smirking wider.

                Not wanting them to start fighting, I quickly followed the kid away. “Now that we’re away from that loser…I’m Felix,” he said, and stuck out his hand. Felix? Why did that name sound so familiar? I tried to think back but couldn’t quite recall where I knew his name from.

                “Um, how do you know me?” I asked as politely as I could. I hated being rude to people. Golden rule, and whatnot. Felix laughed a little. “I have people. Anywhore, I see you and Roman are pretty chummy over there. You dating that kid?”

                I shook my head and laughed a little. “No, no, no. I just met Roman yesterday.” He raised an eyebrow. “You sure? Don’t lie to me. I’m like Santa. Or something. I don’t know. Can Santa tell who’s lying? Or is that someone else? Oh fuck it.”

                He shrugged and looked at me and I shook my head again. “I’m not dating Roman. I just met him.” “Well, don’t date him,” Felix said with an affirmative nod. He froze and got a thoughtful look. “Oh damn. That probably makes him sound like a bad kid. Just pretend he has, like, mouth herpes or something. You don’t want that shit. Get the point?”

                I was extremely confused, but I nodded anyways. The bell rang and Felix squinted at the ceiling. “God dammit. I hate that bell. It’s not even a bell. Makes me think of when your heart stops beating in the hospital and the machine goes flat. Have you ever had that happen to you? God that’s gotta suck.”

                He shrugged again and walked away casually. I stared after him, a little amused despite myself. He was weird, but interesting.

                I walked back over to the impatient River and Roman. “What did he want?” River asked in annoyance. “He…he just kind of ranted.” That was partially true. I didn’t want to hurt Roman’s feelings or creep him out or anything.

                River shook his head and sighed. “Same as always.” “Who is he?” I pressed. “Felix Green.” Now I remembered River mentioning him! He was friends with JJ!

                River rolled his eyes as we started walking to English. “Felix is famous for going on random rants that make no fucking sense. He’s smoked a little too much green.” I stared at him and he laughed bitterly. “I’m kidding. Kind of.”

                We sat down in class and went through the day. JJ, Pat, Gabe, and Felix didn’t talk to me. I realized Felix was in my lunch. He winked at me and pointed to his lips, but didn’t come over and talk to me.

                After school, Roman, River, and I all planned to meet at the movies at 6.00 to see a movie. I stood outside the theater waiting patiently for them.

                River came first. “Where’s Roman?” he asked curiously. I shrugged. “Not here yet.” We sat down and began to talk about what movie we wanted to see. We finally agreed on seeing Scream 5.

                (A.N.- I know it’s not out yet…but come on. We all know it’s coming -__-  ;p)

                “Guys, I can’t go to the movie.”

                We turned to face Roman. He frowned and sighed. “I don’t have any money. I’m sorry.” We frowned at him. “Why not?” River asked. “I don’t have any money and my dad wouldn’t give me any.” He shrugged weakly.

                “I’ll pay your ticket,” I said with a smile. “Oh gosh no! Don’t do that!” Roman cried. “It’s okay, really guys! Go on without me! It’s not your job to pay for me.”

                “Nope. I’m buying your ticket,” I said stubbornly. “And I’m buying a large popcorn and a large drink and we can share!” River said stubbornly.

                “Are you guys sure?” Roman asked nervously. We nodded at him and he sighed. “Thank you guys so much,” he said sincerely and we entered the theater.

                We sat down and talked quietly through the previews. The theater was dark but not too crowded, which was nice. There were a few people in front of us and a small group in the aisle across from us.

                The movie came on and we watched in suspense as it progressed. I went to take a sip of soda at the same time as Roman as our noses bumped together. We both blushed as the screen lit up the theater.

                Embarrassed of my blush, I hastily looked away. Something caught my eye and my heart stopped as I slowly looked over at the people in the aisle across from us. JJ Hottie’s mouth twitched before he looked away from Roman and I and went back to focusing on the movie.