The red liquid drips from my hand onto the cold marble tiles.

I hear quick thuds of steps and the girl that drives me crazy widens her eyes.

"Oh my god." She exclaims but I just stare at her. I wanted to yell at her again, just to make my wolf angrier but then I don't. For whatever reason, I remain motionless.

"Where's the first aid kit?!" She yells out opening every cupboard.

I just stare at her.

Why was she acting like this?

She said she hates me.

I watch her worried eyes skim over my hand. She finally finds the kit and props it open with a click.

Getting out cotton balls and some unknown to me liquids she tries to open my hand.

"Sssssssss." I let out a hiss.

"Sorry." She mumbles without looking at me.

She gets out the sunken in glass and places the bloody pieces into a tray.

She soaks a cotton ball in some clear liquid before pressing it to one of the cuts.

"***k!" I shout making her flinch.

The blood continues to flow down to the floor.

Then something jabs into the side of my neck. My head spins and my reflexes weaken.

Silver.

I involuntary lean my forehead against Alex's shoulder.

"Alec..are you okay?" She whispers with concern.

I can't respond. My mouth won't open to form words.
I feel patchy black spots appear in my vision so I close my eyes to avoid them.

I breathe in her scent which helps me.

But amongst her sweet vanilla odor I notice something else.

The scent is of decay and rotten leaves.

This could mean only one thing.

"Alec?!" Suddenly I realise she fully holding me upright.

My heart begins to accelerate to the fullest. If anything happens I cannot protect my Wolf's mate.

"Alex get Caleb. Now!" I mutter out without opening my eyes.

She sits me back on the floor and I feel her scent disappear.

She was going to be safe with Caleb. He will protect her.

"Alex." I groan out. I need her scent here fuming into my nostrils.

"Alec? What a pleasant surprise." An evil voice whispers in my ear.

The decay scent is strong in the air.

"Connor." I open my eyes to see the person that was thought to be dead. I had no idea whether I was happy or filled with rage that he was still alive.

"No, I've managed to gain the title of an Alpha but that's besides the point. Surprise! I'm back from the dead! Isn't that exciting?! " I didn't respond.

"Rumours have it you found your mate." Connor growls out with a smirk on his face.

"Rumours have it you died in fire 5 years ago." I try to growl but end up coughing.

"Spare your strength Alpha King. You will need it." Connor smiles kneeling in front of me.

"What do you want Connor?" I cough out blood.

"What does it feel like to be the vulnerable one Alec?" He spits in my face.

"Why are you here?" I breathe deeply.

"Oh I would say for a friendly visit but we both know that would be a lie." The man shoots me a wicked grin before stepping back on his feet.

"C'mon Caleb hurry your ass up! He's bleeding!" I hear Alex's voice somewhere in the background.

She's upstairs in Caleb's guest room trying to wake him. She is safe. I want to smile but I can't.

"I found my mate once Alec, and you know the exact reason why she's no longer here." Connor growls out.

"I didn't kill her." I close my eyes. My vision is growing blurry.

"I know. Your father did." Connor says accusingly. I had no strength to correct him so I just lay there numb.

"It's wonderful how just a small dose of pure silver can disfuction a werewolf temporary." He locks eyes with me and I begin to growl again.

"But when you increase the dose..it can become deadly." He grins before stepping on his feet. "But to your unluck I won't kill you just yet."

"Connor whatever you want to-" I cough out more blood.

"Shhh little friend. I have a plan. You happen to be part of it. I'll see you later tonight at the Alpha's party or what they call them these days." He chuckles.

Connor leans closer to me, "I warn you Alec. If you speak of my presence there and then. You won't like what I do to your mate."

His voice says no more and I feel Alex's scent back in the room.

"Oh sh** Alec are you okay?" I hear Caleb's voice.

"He's back." I whisper the words and open my eyes for one last time.

Caleb sniffs the air in understanding.

"I will gather all of the wolv..people." Caleb explains and storms out of the room.

"Alex." I whisper.

"You're going to be alright..everything's going to be okay." She mutters holding my hand.

I feel how she shakes from fear.
Why is she scared?

"I'm sor-" I had no idea if I finished my sentence because everything went pitch black.

AN- another chapter!!! Whoop whoop! Now I realised the story was getting no where so here is the plot twist you all been waiting for!

PS. If you liked it VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!!

-e.m