6: Almost is Never Enough

Raleigh POV

I wake up and do my hygiene routine. I straightened my hair and I got dressed in a "Reckless" gray and black shirt, navy adidas pants, and some white Air Force ones.

I saw Kehlani dressed in a pink sweater, distressed jeans, and her brown UGGs with bows on the back. She was reading a book from the Bluford High series. (writer: you should read it, it's so good)

"Bae" I say to her, which kind of makes her jump.

"Yeah bae?"

"I gotta go to 'work' , see you in a few hours. "

"Ok bye baby. Try to be safe" Kehlani said as she gave me a hug and a kiss.

But who knew hour can turn into a few deadly minutes...

Kehlani POV

I stay lying down, reading my book. I hear the front door open, but it hasn't even been a half hour yet, so I think it's just Raleigh coming back to get something she forgot.

Turns out I'm wrong.

When I look up, I see Montell and this other bald headed, crooked teeth ass nigga, and I instantly grab my taser.

"What you gonna do with that Kel? Montell says to me

I instantly just shoot him with the taser because he is just an asshole anyway.

Then Mr.Clean walks up to me and I get up. He must want to fight but this ain't what you want.

He punches me in my face and I kick him in his scrubbing tools. I punch him until I couldn't anymore. I just tased them. And then everything was black.

Raleigh POV

Boss: You know they coming after your girlfriend right?
Me: What? Why?
Boss: You'll have to find out, it's your job to save her

I hop in my Benz and I drive back home quickly.

I see Kehlani on the floor, bloody. I see a note beside her that reads—

"Hey M.A ! You missed us? Are you sad that we slaughtered your girlfriend? Hahahahahaha isn't pay back a bitch?

~ Harlem Boyz"

I fall on the floor, crying my eyes out. Her wrists are slashed, arms cut, and face bruised.

I just rush her to the hospital, praying that she is ok. I'm gonna do better. I'm gonna stop hustling. Not for me. For us.

"Hello ma'am, is this your friend?"

"Yes this is my girlfriend, she has been terribly hurt! Please save her!"

"We will"

I just sit in the waiting room crying. Me and Kehmaria bawl out eyes out, and I'm just praying that she gets better.

A man who looks oddly familiar walks in, and he has flowers in his hand.

"Who am I here to see again"

Kehmaria: Kehlani. What the fuck Montell? You fucking bitch! You gonna forget who your ex was? Are you on drugs? Are you retarted?

Montell: Shut the fuck up. You're lucky I didn't KILL your sister.

Then I realized, that's who hurt my love.

"Come here , Montell"

"Why bitch"

"You know what lets go outside"

"Ok, spit bitch"

"First of all, I don't walk on four legs so you better rewind that. Second of all, I know you tried to kill Kehlani"

"Hahahaha. I would have actually killed her if it did not look like she was going to be de—"

I picked that nigga up, and slammed him face first on the concrete.

"Just know you have a blessing coming your way" I said, then smirked.

He lay there, bleeding from his mouth, and leg broken.

"How do you know Kehlani anyway?"

"That's my ex"

I felt like fucking him up even more. Kehmaria grabbed me and focused me more on Kehlani. I'm glad she did, because I would have been in jail by now.

"Family of Kehlani Parrish"

Kehmaria and I stand up.

"Kehlani is doing fine! She will be able to leave in three days, she can eat everything, but she may need someone to help her eat because her wrists were cut deeply, and a centimeter deeper, she wouldn't have made it."

I just praise God, my heart is filled with joy.

"Hey Raleigh, her room is CE48" Kehmaria says

We walk down the halls, down some stairs, and through some doors to get to the CE40's.

"CE45 , CE46, CE47, Yes! CE48"

We walk in into the room and she looks like she is doing well. She is beautiful as usual, and she saw us eventually.

Her eyes were glued to the 50 inch flat screen mounted on the hospital wall, displaying her favorite TV show : Keeping Up With The Kardashians.

"Heyyyy baby" she slurred as she gave me a weak hug.

"Hey princess, how are you?" I said as I kissed her hand, which was bandaged up.

"I'm fine baby, thanks for asking. I just want to KILL Montell!"

"Yeah, I broke that nigga leg earlier so I guess that's taken care of"

"I just hate him."

"Well you have to understand that I will get him. If I don't, God will. God can fix everything"

"Amen to that baby"

The nurse comes in and brings her hospital food.

"Kels what is that?"

"It's some Lima beans and macaroni and cheese. It's so good!"

"Girl you are crazy, and so cute" I rub her cheek and she seems to jump. I forgot they have hit her in the face too. It kills me so hard.

I'm just praying for her.