Decisions, decisions Pt. I (Dark x Reader)

I have made my fair share of mistakes, but this one really takes the cake. I have an obsession with taking videos. Recently, I was spending time with Dark and I messed up. I recorded him doing some demon stuff, and I shouldn't have. He told me not to, just in case I lost my phone or something. I told him I wasn't, but I was, and now the unthinkable has happened. My parents came to visit me and they saw the video. I don't even know why they were going through my phone like I was a kid again. They confronted me about it and now they're threatening to take it to the police because they think he's a threat to people. I'm not sure what to do. If I tell Dark, he'll kill my parents and probably won't speak to me again. If I don't tell him, something bad will happen to him. What, I'm not sure, but he's warned me about being caught by humans...he'll be reduced to what he was pre-humanization, banished back to his home, and probably scorned forever. I've decided to just tell him we can't see each other anymore and try my best to stop my parents from doing anything. 

I sighed as I knocked on Dark's door. He answered and smiled at me. God I was going to miss that face. I guess I could double up on the time I spend with Mark after Dark and I split. "I have to talk to you." I said, brushing past him. "What's wrong? You're not okay, I can tell." he said, following me. "I can never speak to or see you again." He looked at me for a long time, confused. "What did I do?" he asked. "It's not what you did, it's what I did." He grabbed my arm. "Explain." he said. I had nothing to say. I couldn't bring myself to admit my fault. "It's not what I want, it's for your own good. I'm really sorry. I wanted to do this over the phone, but I felt like I wouldn't be right. Please forgive me, and I know you can't forget, so I hope that you remember me extra hard. Dark, I love you. You're my best friend. I've gotta go." I started to walk away, but he cornered me. "(Y/N), what is going on? I don't get it. Why are you saying these things? You're being weird." I pushed him aside and continued walking. "Don't go..." he said. I had never heard an ounce of weakness in his voice before. He was always so nonchalant and confident about everything. It pained me to hear him weaken because it was so out of character for him, and it mean that obviously he cared about me and trusted me a lot. I turned to look at him one last time. He looked like a sad puppy, a look of total confusion painted on his face. He wasn't even mad at me for being so cryptic, in that moment he was only concerned about me. What was wrong with me. What was bothering me. Someone as selfish and arrogant as Dark felt that way about me...and I blew it. What a great feeling. "I am so sorry." I said. He cocked his head and looked even more confused. "Talk to me." he said. "I can't." I tried to hold back tears, but it was no use. They spilled down my cheeks. Dark stayed where he was, but extended a hand, begging me with his eyes to take it. I started to reach for it, but put my hand at my side and turned and left instead. It would've been too painful to touch him. I cursed myself as I left, thinking about the friend I had just left behind and the frienship I had just ruined. Really, my anger should've been directed at my meddling parents who wanted to hurt my friend, but for some reason I couldn't even begin to get mad at them. I walked down the street, throwing a glance back to Dark's place. I saw him standing out on the balcony looking right at me...maybe even right through me. We locked eyes and he just shook his head sadly and walked away. I swiped at my eyes. "Damn it." I whispered. Of all of my friends, I cared about him the most. I knew he'd be anything but lonely without me, but still. We had a deep bond. I returned home. My parents were leaving in a few days. I decided to have a talk with them. "Mom, dad...about that video." "We turned it over to the police already." my dad said. My mouth hung open. "WHAT?" I asked. "We turned it in. Whatever that guy was doing was NOT normal. He's a danger to society, plain and simple. I know you call that...thing a friend, but you can't be enabling devil worshipping fiends." "Devil worshipping? Fiends? You don't even know what was going on." I was furious, but more fearful than anything else. "Well the problem is handled now. This individual will be apprehended and they won't be able to hurt anyone anymore. We did the world a favor." I felt sick. "Yeah I guess you're right. The weird people you meet in LA...by the way, Mark called and we have a date tonight. Just as friends. I have to go get my hair done. I promise we'll spend the whole day together tomorrow." They seemed fine with that. "You should spend more time with guys like Mark. He'd never practice that evil witchcraft stuff." I sucked my teeth. You couldn't see that the two look exactly alike? There's a reason for that! Mark is responsible for Dark existing. I thought. Didn't matter. I had to get out of the house and soon. I picked up my pace, heading for Dark's as quickly as my little toothpick legs would carry me. I arrived and bum rushed the door. Dark was sulking on the couch. He picked his head up a bit when he saw me. He didn't really say anything though, he just looked away. "About earlier..." I started. "You have my attention." he replied, flatly, as if he was angry at me. I guess I couldn't blame him. "I thought you couldn't be here." "I'll get to that. Look we have a problem." He looked up at me. I explained everything and his eyes widened in shock, then his expression changed. "Why do you look so sad?" I asked. "You know why. You know what I have to do." I hung my head. "Isn't there another way?" he heaved a sigh and looked at me, somber expression and all. "(Y/N),"

CLIFFF HAAANGER!

I'm off to work. I'll update as soon as I can ;)