Dark x Reader I

A/N: 1st installment of what I previously promised. Enjoy <3

I stretched. "Alright...I'm awake, I'm sore again, and I'm ready for you to tell me stories." Dark was as usual wide awake and reading a book. "Did you have a nice nap?" he asked, noting the drool spot on his shirt. I blushed a bit. "Yeah...sorry. It's black, don't worry, it doesn't really show." He just raised an eyebrow and flung his shirt over his head. "Don't worry about it. I've had worse bodily fluids on one of my shirts before." I didn't even ask what he meant. I wasn't sure if I wanted to know. "Alright, where do we start?" he asked, closing the book and looking at me. "I dunno." I said, suddenly feeling awkward. "How about the time you met a human for the first time? Not Mark...you've always known him." Dark thought about it for awhile. "I remember that well." he said.

DARK

Being summoned is a part of daily life for me. It comes with the territory. With my human being such a dumb ass sometimes, I feel like all I do is get summoned. Today we have a standard bleeding scrape. I don't have to go up there, but I'm curious. I've been up in the human world a handful of times, and there's much more to it than what I initially thought. I drained myself into the human world through Mark's blood as usual...but not as usual, he wasn't alone. Some girl was with him. We stared at each other for a long time. She looked terrified. "Mark, there's...there's someone behind you." she said. Of course, Mark already knew. He took some time to explain me to her. She didn't look convinced. I sent a searing pain down Mark's back. He briskly departed from his lady friend and we had a bit of an exchange. "What are you doing if I might ask?" I asked him. "What did you want me to do? Not address the elephant in the room?" I shook my head. "You have to be careful. Only people you deeply care about can see me. There's a reason for that. You can't tell just anyone. Suppose she tells others, then what?" "They act like my mom and don't believe her?" "Suppose someone does?" "She can't prove anything." I was defeated. That was true. "Why are you so worried? You just tore a hole in my back and freaked out my best friend." "Got your attention, didn't it? Look, you can't go around talking about me like I'm some kind of normal thing. I'm not. There's less than a million demons like me, and there's billions of humans." "I don't talk about you. You just showed up and I had to say something because she saw you. She probably hates me now." I raised an eyebrow. "You think so? She's waiting on you." We both looked over to see that she was indeed waiting on us to come back. "Can you just go back to where you came from?" I snickered. "No. I'm free for now...I want to see a few things." I glided back over to where his friend was waiting with Mark breathing down my neck. I forced a stick out of the ground and tripped him with it. "I'll kill you for that!" I looked over my shoulder. Another scrape, big deal. I remained unconcerned. I studied this person over and over. She watched me watch her and I could feel the fear. "Whatever you are, don't hurt me." she begged. "If I wanted to hurt you, I would've already done so. I'm just curious...all I want to do is watch you for a moment." "Watch me?" "I don't see humans often. To the date I've only seen Mark...and a half assed glimpse of his mom." She looked scared, remaining frozen in fear. She reached out to touch me and of course, her hand passed right through me. We don't let on about it, but that shit really  hurts. It feels like someone is ripping our organs out and then squeezing them. She pulled her hand back, clearly feeling nothing. "You're not even real." she said, confidently. I smirked. "I am real. Just not quite like you...for now." She looked confused. "What does that even mean?" "Hang tight." Mark was standing right behind me looking rather pissed off. A fresh droplet of blood was rolling down his leg...I'm sure you know what I did with it. I approached his friend again. "Touch me." I said. "I tried to...nothing happened." "Touch me again." She extended her hand slowly and drew it down my body. Then she really freaked out.

YOU

"Had you ever used Mark's blood before then?" I asked. "No. That was the first time. Now shut up. You're ruining my story." "Sorry."

DARK

Like I said, she really freaked out. I don't think Mark was too happy either. I brushed by him intentionally and he felt me. Needless to say, I was not popular that day. I did bring Mark and that chick close together though, seeing as how the two of them were holding onto each other pretty tightly after that. I hid in the woods behind the house until the blood faded off...it took forever. I just sneaked back into the house and went back home. I figured Mark was probably a tiny bit pissed at me. I did hold onto that memory extra tight though. I was impressed by other humans, especially female humans. Let's just say I was using that chick's memory for a few....needs. So that's it. That was the first time I actually took time to meet a person outside of Mark.

YOU 

"Ineresting to say the least. So...how about something funny?" Dark looked deep in thought. "I won't lie...the first time I smoked a cigarette I hurled like 3 times. On my mom. Who caught me doing that shit. She did the age old punishment...making me smoke a whole carton. I have no idea why she did that considering I heaved my guts on her from smoking. She spent the rest of the night in the yard showering with the garden hose,and swearing at me...she was so fucking pissed...and now I smoke. I swear, she got me into it by making me smoke all those cigarettes at once." I laughed. "Something similar happened the first time I drank. It wasn't my mom though, it was my boyfriend." "That's a thousand times better than your own mom. I thought she'd never forgive me for all that...the smoking, the puking, the garden hose...she's too patient with me for her own good." "She loves you, punk. So what's next?" "Hmm...what do female humans eat when they...you know?" I shrugged. "I'll eat anything." I said. "Let me guess...you're craving junkfood, you're just too embarrassed to say something about it?" He was right. " I can read minds. I'll be back." His weight disappeared from underneath me and then reappeared in the same spot. "Let's pick up where we left off tomorrow. I have lots to tell you. In the meantime, wanna watch dumb movies?" I laughed. "You and I are supposed to be best friends, I swear."