Chapter 59 - Help... I Need Help...

Start from the beginning

Damn! It is even more painful than yesterday when he popped in the meeting room and when our eyes met for a brief second. When Allan called him to ask for copies of the report, I first thought that it was a joke, but then he explained that Edna was off and that he had no other choice. Later in the afternoon, once Ally had left, Allan brought the subject back up. He thought that it was actually a good test for Liam to see if he was capable to deal with seeing me and to prove himself that he is much stronger that he would think. Well he seemed to manage pretty well indeed and he didn't spill the documents on the floor. Allan then added that it was also some sort of punishment for me, because he knew that it would be painful to see him too. I nearly kicked him out when he said that, but he hurried to defend himself and say that it was also a good way for me to see that I do have feelings for him. I can only imagine how difficult it must have been for Liam to suck it up and find the courage to walk into the meeting room, and fight his shyness and his bitterness against me. Now that I think about it, I am actually surprised that he didn't trip on his feet or do something worse, and I realize that my sweet boy is much stronger than I would have thought.

Oh God, I'm so exhausted! My nights have been too short recently and my sleep much agitated. It's not only the problems with Liam but also work. It has been such a tiring week... First there was this unexpected trip to Texas that completely screwed my agenda; but I just couldn't let such an opportunity pass. We have been trying to get hold of this client for four years now but he has kept rejecting our offers, saying that he was plainly satisfied with our competitor's work. I don't know what exactly happened, but when he reached out to me on Monday morning very early and asked to meet us urgently, I couldn't miss the opportunity to add him to my portfolio. The goal of our trip to Texas was not only to take over the current project but also to make sure that we would keep working together for future constructions and I think we made it. Thanks to a great and effective team work and our very prompt ability to provide him with the necessary answers to all his requests over the two and a half days we spent there, we managed to start drawing a frame agreement between our companies, meaning that for any future construction, Pierce Construction would be his preferred choice.

In the beginning, I have to admit that my heart almost threw out his request on Monday morning; but my reason took the better of it. I was actually scared to leave Liam here alone. I had just decided to work on getting him back to me and even if I didn't have any sort of plan in this perspective, I intended to try something soon. I was scared that something would happen in my absence and that he might find someone else before I could try my luck with him; but then I thought that Liam wouldn't go out without Shannon, so there was little risk that anything would happen... at least not during the week.

The smell of coffee suddenly wakes me up with a start and I open my eyes to a frowning Ally.

"Good morning, Joshua," she says warily. "I've only just arrived. Were you finishing your night? Do you need me to cancel your meeting with Derek?"

"Morning Ally, no that's fine... I think I just dozed off for a while..." I reply as I stand up and limp to my desk. Fuck! I didn't only doze off it seems! It's almost ten!

"Joshua, you are exhausted! You should take a break and rest..." Ally says.

"I'm fine, Ally and I..."

"Like hell you are! I'm actually surprised that Liz still lets you go to work," she accuses. Ally knows Liz quite well. There isn't a morning that the woman won't scold me for looking so tired and try to convince me to take a few days off, threatening to lock me in my house if things go on like this.

"It's a struggle of every moment," I reply, wiggling my brows at her and sitting down on my chair, making her sigh. "Is everything all set for my day trip to Boston on Tuesday next week?"