Chapter 9 - Teasing

(Joshua's POV - Tue. 17 September 2013)

The advantage of having your own gym at home is that you don't get drenched under the rain while doing your morning run. I hate working out outside when it's raining. My friend Mark doesn't mind running whether it rains or even snows, but I do. Since I have plenty of space at home and I could afford it, I had a gym installed in the basement with some equipment, including this treadmill I am running on right now.

For lack of being drenched by the rain, I am sweating like a cow after nearly an hour on the machine, so I decide that I have had enough for today and get back upstairs for a shower. On my way there, I can smell bacon and eggs frying, which means Liz is already cooking and that my breakfast will be ready shortly.

And ready it is when I get back downstairs and enter the kitchen. Liz is nowhere to be seen though; she knows how much I like silence and am not in a mood to talk to anyone until I have had my breakfast and coffee. The only things I tolerate before filling my stomach in the morning are physical exercise and sex. I can definitely forget about the second one at the moment though, since I threw away my Sub a month ago.

Fuck! Has it been that long?

It feels like yesterday when I came back from my vacation! The last three weeks have flown by and I must admit I have found a renewed interest in going to the office. I never really minded going before because I love my job and it's not like I have to deal with people I don't like since I chose the leadership team myself, but it can sometimes get stressful. And as much as I love Ally for her professional qualities and her cheerful moods, she is a woman and as you know, I don't have any interest in women.

I know I shouldn't be saying this. It doesn't sound ethical at all, but it doesn't hurt anyone if I say I sincerely appreciate to see this beautiful young man who has been sitting at Ally's, whenever I discreetly glance through the window wall. It has been quite often unfrozen recently; much more often than it used to.

Of course, I could keep it frozen and I would still be able to see him, but when I came back from New York, I caught him a few times staring at me and I loved the blush on his face when he noticed me peeking at him. Now that Ally has left, I will freeze the window panes again in order to observe him more freely from my seat; though this is risky, as I might spend too much of my time looking at him instead of focusing on my work. I will need to find a happy medium.

I also get that it sounds like I offered him the job because of his good looks and because I feel irresistibly attracted to him, and this is partly true. I admit I was caught up by his beauty and his frailty. But I also have some sort of sixth sense, and I knew Liam would fulfill my expectations, professionally speaking. That, he will need to prove over time, but for now, I have been plainly satisfied with what he has done so far.

During Ally's last week, I asked him to work on his own on a few documents and on arranging and preparing meetings, though still under Ally's supervision. The result was close to perfection and I am positive that after a few weeks, he will be perfect. He just needs to gain more self-confidence and to open up to free himself from this shyness, although it doesn't reach the point where it paralyzes him. These blushes actually suit him well and give some color to his pale skin.

At 6:30, I meet Tony outside and I'm glad to see the rain has finally stopped pouring down. I don't want yesterday's events to repeat. People just can't drive when it rains and can't prevent themselves from causing accidents which create awful traffic jams. And yet... it was fun to tease Liam about my late arrival. Poor guy didn't know how to react so I didn't make it last too long and quickly put an end to his worries.

What I wasn't expecting though was the erection he sported. If he thought that sitting back down right away helped, he was wrong. His furious blush gave him away and this is what happens when you wear loose boxers and rather tight trousers. While I changed clothes in my private bathroom, I wondered what provoked this reaction in him. Had he been watching some videos or magazines before I arrived? Could I hope to be the source of his arousal?