Chapter 18

Alright, I got a cool Google tablet for Christmas (actually, Happy Holidays to you!) and it has a keyboard in the case. The letter keys are really sensitive, but it doesn't seem to like the space bar. So you probably will see some words without space between them, but I'll do my best! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!

~Eevee's POV~

They surprisingly accepted me, but were furious about Mike. I  begged them not to do anything about it and they finally agreed reluctantly. PAX was coming to a close. I dreaded going back.

"Hang in there kid." We all hugged goodbye as they headed  into the taxis. I watched them until they were gone, then I watched the space where they were. Sighing, I flagged a taxi myself, climbing in and giving the directions to Mike's house. He was waiting when I got back.

"Where was this so called decathlon?" He interrogated.

"It was held at... the University. How was it back here?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Ethan and I went to Florida for the weekend."He looked suspicious of me still.

"That's cool. Well, I didn't sleep very well at the hotel, so I'm going to go upstairs. " That was a lie. I slept like  baby for once. I cl climbed the stairs quickly and hid in my room until dinner.

"Hey Ethan! I greeted him for the first time since the convention.

"Hey! How was it?" I had told Ethan that it was PAX before I had left.

"It was great, but there isn't another one until November. It's going to be more torturous now that I have seen them again." He nodded. It's true, I'll probably going to be thinking about them every minute now.

"Seen who again?" I didn't notice Mike come down to dinner.

"Uh, my friends from school from Washington. They were in my advanced algebra class there and they were at the decathlon." I lied. I hoped he didn't know that I was home schooled.

"Oh." He sat down and began to eat. "Wait. You were home schooled." He stopped and looked at me. Dang it.

"Uh, before I was home schooled. There were to girls in my class and they were sad when I left before. I didn't know they were going to be there." I didn't have any friends from school either, but he didn't know that.

"You expect me to believe that."

"Yes." I grabbed my half empty plate and left the table quickly. Not to my surprise he followed.

"Who was it." I was by the sink, cornered.

"Nobody, it doesn't matter." I couldn't think of a way out of it.

"Don't tell me it was those nerds that adopted you."

"Really. You couldn't think of anything else to call them?"

"Would you rather me call them something else?" He spat 'them' as if it disgusted him.

"No." I said simply. I was making to leave but Mike blocked my path.

"Answer my question."

"What was it again?" I stalled.

"Where you with them." He spat like they disgusted him.

"N-no." I shrunk back. Why did I have to stutter? He pulled back his fist but I didn't freeze this time. I ducked and I heard him break the glasses that were on the counter.

"Ahh! You little-!" He brought his knee up to my cheekbone and my head smacked the cabinet. I crawled out of my spot and scrambled away. The front door burst down and police officers came in. Mike grabbed me before I could run and held a knife against my neck.

"One more move and she dies." I tugged against his arm but he didn't budge. The police lowered their weapons.

"Look, you don't have to hurt her." The front officer tried to reason.

"No, you don't get it." Mike shouted. He's probably gone insane. I didn't hear what else he had said; blood was pounding in my ears. I shut my eyes. I felt the knife pulled from my throat and I collapsed to the floor. Someone picked me up but I still didn't move. I was set on the couch and someone sat and hugged me. I heard familiar voices. After what felt like an hour I listened to what was going on.

"Eevee. It's ok now, he's gone." I opened my eyes suddenly at the voice I knew too well.

"You guys are supposed to be in Washington!" All of my family was sitting in the living room.

"Well we sure weren't going to leave you here!"

"Fair enough." I hugger Mitch, who was the one who had put me on the couch. I looked round and saw Ethan sitting in the dining room. I got off the couch and talked to him. He looked sad.

"Ethan?"

"Yeah?" He looked up and tried to pretend that nothing was wrong.

"What's up?"

"I think I am sad about Dad. I mean I hated what he has become, but he's still my dad. I'm probably going to a foster home now too." He said glumly.

"No, you can't go to a foster home. I can't do anything about that, but I have some people I want you to meet!" i grabbed his hand and part dragged part lead him to the living room.

"Guy this is Ethan, Ethan this is... my family." I gestured to the group sitting around the room. Ethan waved awkwardly. They all introduced themselves  and joked around a bit, which I think helped Ethan be more comfortable.

"Do we have an extra room at home?" I asked hopefully.

"Yeah, why?" Ty answered.

"Do I really have to answer?" I smiled.

"I guess not."

"So, Ethan. What do you think of staying with us?" I nudged his elbow.

"Uh, I don't know." He looked down nervously.

"Would you rather go to an orphanage? Trust me you don't want to."

"Good point." So it was settled, Ethan was moving in with us.

"Wait, how did the police come in at the right time?" I asked, confused.

"I had to do something. So I called the police and told them what happened so they put a camera in here while everyone was gone." Mitch pointed to the camera in the corner.

"Oh. Thanks." I hugged him again.

~Author's Note~

Feedback? There will be an epiclogue again. OH YEAH THANKS OR SOME MANY REDS FAVORITES AND COMMENTS THERE ARE SO MANY!! Ok I'm good. I hope you all enjoyed this installment of Abused without BajanCanadian, take care.