Chapter 11

You guys, I am sooooo sorry for not posting a new chapter over the past couple of days, I have been a bit busy with homework and I had some writers block. But I think I am back, still very sorry for not posting anything, I feel pretty bad. On a different note, I would like to thank you all for almost a thousand reads on the first story, and 368 on this one. It means a lot. I hope you all enjoy this chapter!

~Eevee's POV~ 

I was sitting in a coffee shop, scrolling through Twitter, trying to take my mind off of everything. It wasn't working. I leaned back, my hands behind my head, and squeeze my eyes shut, not willing the tears to fall. But, sadly, that hurt my cut, so I instantly stopped. I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Hey, are you ok?" I heard a female voice ask me.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said with as little sarcasm as I could muster. I opened my eyes and looked at her. She looked to be in her mid 20s. She gasped.

"You look exactly like-"

"Lilly? My cousin? Yeah, she is the reason I am here." I said. I realized how that sounded and quickly apologized. "Oh Gawsh, I am so sorry, I just..." I trail off.

"No, I know. And yes, you do look like her. I haven't seen you before. Are you visiting?"

"Er, no, actually. It is a long story. If you have time, it is quite interesting."

She didn't say anything, just sat down across the table from me. I began my life story. By the time I was done, she was crying as well.

“Actually, Mike hasn’t been quite the same since his wife died ten years ago. He is really lucky to have had those kids. They kept him occupied, I am amazed how hard Lilly an Ethan worked on him. But when Lilly passed he lost it again. He would be at the bar every night for a year, and then Ethan, a miracle worker, brought him back. No offense, but I think that you aren’t helping him.” She gives me the insightful information.

“Yeah, I know. I just… don’t know what to do. I don’t want to go back.”

“I understand. You can stay at my place tonight if you want, but tomorrow I have to take you back. Don’t work, I’ll go with you.” She smiles at me.

“That would be great, thanks.”

~Time Skip~ 

I was sitting on her couch; her being Katie, I had learned. I pull out my camera.

“Hey guys, I am… somewhere in New York right now, I’m not sure. But, I will not be able to post very many videos from here on out, something happened. On another note, I just wanted to say that all of you guys, each of my subscribers, are the best anyone could ask for. You guys are awesome, and I just want to thank you for that. And Mitch, Jerome, everyone back home, I miss you all so much, and I am really excited to see you guys at Pax in 7 months! I will see all of you later!”

 I finish recording, and watch it on the little camera screen. All I could notice was the cut on my face. I scrapped it. I guess I would not be posting a vlog in the next week. I sigh, and pull the covers over my head and drift off to sleep.

~Time Skip~

I feel my shoulder being shaken, and blot awake.

“Oh, hey Katie,” I say groggily as I relax.

“Hey, you should get dressed; we have to leave soon. I made breakfast, by the way. It’s on the table.” She walks into the kitchen.

“’K, thanks!” I grab my backpack and go into the bathroom. When I finish getting dressed and stuff, I walk into the dining room and grab a piece of toast.

“Are you ready to go?” I hear Katie ask from upstairs.

“Yeah,” I shout back to her with dread, remembering where I have to go.

“Wait a sec! Come up here!” She calls. I walk up the stairs to see her sitting on her bed with the TV on. I look at it; it has the news on, with Mike and Ethan on the screen. I see Mike with a sorrowful look on his face, and Ethan with a small mark on his forehead, and glaring at Mike.

“Oh, I am so worried about Evangeline; I can’t imagine what I would do without her!” Mike cries. Great. Katie turns the TV off.

“Well, good thing we are going back there today. I hope I don’t get arrested though.” She jokes.

“Yeah.” I say simply. Without a word, we both walk downstairs and get into her car. On the way there, it is just silence. I don’t want to say anything, just thinking about anything but my uncle. I suppose nothing she says is going to make any difference anyways. We pull up to my house, and I notice a cop car in my drive way. We both get out and walk up to the door, which was open. I walk in, and Mike turns to look at me.

“Hey. I’m back.” I state simply, not wanting to show any fear or anger. Mike runs over and hugs me. I cringe.

“I am so glad your back!” He cries with fake relief. Then he whispers in my ear. “You won’t say anything that happened yesterday to the police. You got that clear?” I don’t respond.

“Well, I guess our case is closed. I’m going to head back to the station, is there anything else, Mr. Roberts?” The police man stands and looks to Mike.

“No, thank you so much!” And the man leaves. I turn to Katie and hug her.

“Thanks Katie, I guess I’ll see you later.”

“Yeah, you know where to find me!” She says cheerfully and leaves. I shut the door behind her. 

“Well, well, well. Where have you been, Evangeline.”

~Author’s note~

You guys, I am really sorry for being gone for a week and a half or something, so I am uploading a few short stories to make up for it :P. ALSO, I am starting a new story, not going to stop this one, don't worry, but I am not too sure how far into it I am going to get. Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed this installment of Abused without BajanCanadian, take care.