Chapter 10

SORRY guys for not posting a chapter yesterday, it was a bit busy, and homework sucks. Homework still sucks, I got more today D:. That is besides the point though, but I would like to thank you all for the 500 on the first book, and 200 reads on this one. It is amazing! THANKS CHILDREN! Anyways, I hope you all enjoy this chapter.

~Eevee's POV~

All of the comments on my new music video were positive. All but, like, 2, that were immediately spammed with denial. I love my fans so much. 

I was sitting at the table with Ethan, eating my breakfast, part of my normal routine. He suddenly got up and grabbed a book off the shelf in the living room.

"I need to show you something." He sits back down at the table. 

"What is it?" I ask with curiosity.

He doesn't answer and just opens the book. There were pictures of a baby boy and girl, with their parents.

"That's you, isn't it?" I ask with almost no emotion.

"Yeah, and that's Lilly, Mom, and Dad." We flip through the pictures, and I noticed she did look a lot like me. Like, we could've been the twins. We got to the part when she was diagnosed. We didn't say a word. Until Mike came down stairs. Ethan ran to put away the book. Mike walked over to me. He got close to my face.

"How dare you know about her. That is my personal life." 

"I- I'm sorry- I just-" I stutter.

"No, Dad. It's my personal life, too. And I think she has the right to know about her." I hear Ethan speak confidently behind Mike.

"Oh really? Evangeline, why don't you go to your room, we can talk about this later." Mike says angrily.

"No." I said, with as much deviancy as anger in my voice as his.

"I said, go to your room!" He shouts, throwing a beer bottle, which I didn't realize was in his hands, narrowly missing my head, if I hadn't ducked. A piece of glass still got my forehead, causing blood to obscure the vision of my left eye. At that I did run up the stairs. I ran into the bathroom, grabbed a paper towel, and pressed it against my wound. I heard banging on the locked door.

"Evangeline! Open the door!" I heard Mike shout. I looked around for an escape. There was a small window, I could barely fit through it. But there was a 2 story drop. I looked at the door, which wasn't going to hold up much longer. I bandaged my face as fast as I could and opened the window. Why didn't they have screens in this place? 

I stood on the counter and pushed myself, feet first, out onto the small railing. This was going to hurt. I jumped. I felt nothing at first, then the ground coming up, making my knees buckle in pain. I bit my tongue to hold my cry. 

I limped to the backyard, trying to find a way to climb to my room. There was a small tree there, but I wasn't sure my legs could pull me up. I began the trek, using my arms as much as I could. I mean, I am a gamer, not the strongest person in the world. I manage to climb up to my section of the roof, but I wasn't going to hang out here. I grabbed my backpack, stuffed it with my laptop, a few changes of clothes, by journal with the phone numbers, now including Ethan's. I put in my savings, not knowing when I would be back again. At the last moment I grabbed by Enderman and Creeper, with the picture. I didn't trust it here with Mike anymore.

~Author's Note~

Just to let you know, I have no idea where I am going with this. At all. BUT... Catching Fire is tomorrow! I AM SO EXCITED!!!! Also, I am sorry for the super short chapter, and I will try to get another up today. :P. Anyways guys, I hope you all enjoyed this installment of Abused without BajanCandian, take care.