Chapter 12

Hey guys, I would just like to thank you all for 1.238 reads on the first book and 545 reads on this one! It means a lot to me! I almost forgot to update today so sorry it’s so late :P. Anyways, I hope you all enjoy this chapter!

~Eevee’s POV~

“Well, well, well, where have you been, Evangeline?”

I gulped. “I just spent the night at a friend’s; I needed to get away for a day.” I say, not exactly lying.

“I didn’t give you permission to leave.”

“I haven’t left the house for forever, sorry.”

“Whatever. Just go to your room, don’t come out until tomorrow. School starts in a week, by the way.” He states.

“Wait, the whole day? But-“

“Just go.” I ran up the stairs and close my door. I hear a thud and a click behind my door, and dare to try and open it. I couldn’t. I turn to survey my room, and gasp, seeing my PC in pieces, shattered glass and loose wires everywhere. I grab an empty cardboard box from my closet and begin to clean it up. I picked up the big pieces, but cut myself multiple times on the glass, and soon give up. Good thing I saved all my pictures on my laptop.

I grab the stack of pictures from my backpack and climb through my window. I don’t bother escaping, he would probably find out. I just sit in the summer sun, flipping through the pictures of my friends and I. I wipe away tears to keep them from dripping on the photos. The salt stings my cut, but I ignore it. I hear my iPod ring from Skype. I look at it. It was Mitch. I didn’t dare tell him what was going on. I tell him that everything is fine. I go back to the pictures, studying each of their faces carefully. I end up falling asleep.

~Time Skip~

I wake up to the sound of my stomach growling. I check the sky for the time, noting that the sun was about ¾ of the way towards the horizon. I climb back inside, hoping I didn’t get sunburned. I didn’t put the pictures beck in their original places in my room; I just hide them in my backpack for safe keeping. I look around my room, trying to ignore my hunger. I had run out of snacks over the past few weeks. I ended up picking up the glass with my bare hands again, not caring of the blood that was staining the box. After I had picked up all of the pieces that I could, I passed out on my bed, the blood staining by bedspread.

~Time Skip~

I wake up the next morning super early, feeling very light headed; my hands stinging. I head into my bathroom and wash them, noting how pale my face was. Probably from not eating and the loss of blood. Great.

 I head back into my room and try the door, which was unlocked. I ran downstairs, grabbed a granola bar, an apple, and a juice box, and dash back up, almost passing out on the stairs. I go into my room and sprawl on my floor, trying to open the wrapper on the granola bar, and failing. I take a bit of the apple and swallow gratefully.  I finish it, and drink the juice slowly. I survey my hands, which now looked like they could’ve been in a blender.  I wrap some gauze over my palms and a light layer over each of my fingers. They looked like gloves.

I don’t dare go out of my room again, even though I am still starving. My face is regaining some color though, that’s good. I really should record a vlog, telling my fans why there hasn’t been, and won’t be, any videos the past couple days. I decide to play on my laptop, recording me talking while playing Hunger Games.

“Hey guys, it is Eevee here, and today I am (Sorry, but lol, it is grammar checking that to be ‘I are recording’ lol) recording some survival games, and I am really sorry for the terrible quality, but this is a talky episode, and I have news. So, my PC is broken, unfixable, so I won’t be able to record or upload videos on there. I am playing on my laptop right now, so that is the reason for the quality problems. Yeah, I can’t upload videos, but Mitch aid that he would be able to upload if I was ever having issues, so that should happen, I just can’t be there. I will do my best to keep up vlogs and such, but there are no promises. I am really sorry, but I will see you guys… in a while, with something other than Minecraft. I’ll miss you all!”

 I stop the recording, edit it, and upload. It takes forever to render, but it eventually goes up. The comments flood in, all of them sad or mad that I can’t upload. Some of them are complaints and are a bit childish, but it didn’t matter. I would miss reading the uplifting comments every day.

~Mitch’s POV~

Jerome and I were watching Eevee’s new video. I had been worrying about her, since she didn’t post anything yesterday. I did say that I would post for her if she needed, but I hoped that that wouldn’t be the case. I sighed; I guess that means we wouldn’t get to record with her either, sadly. I went to Skype and messaged her.

Skype Messages:

M – What happened to your computer?

There was no reply for a few minutes.

E – I was moving my computer from my room to the living room, but I dropped the box

M – Oh, that sucks. When do you think you will get a new one?

E – I’m not sure, oh, I have to go, I’ll see you later?

M – Yeah, bye :P

E – Bye!

I was sitting in my chair. The bad feeling was back again.

~Eevee’s POV~

Mitch messaged me almost a few moments after I uploaded the video. I lied completely about how it broke, and almost panicked when he asked when I was going to get a new one. The truth is, I wasn’t going to. I mean. How could I? I had the money, but it would just get destroyed again, and I couldn’t hide it anywhere. What was I supposed to do?

~Author’s Note~

That was a bad ending. Whatever. So ya like it? She is going to school next chapter, just saying, so much excitement! YEAH! Don’t forget to check out my new stories! They are pretty good, in my opinion. If I imagine reading my work like it isn’t mine, I would think it is pretty good, but if I think of it as mine, it sucks. Anyways guys, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter of Abused without BajanCanadian, take care.