32. hayes

*****(AN: SOMETHING DIFFERENT)*****

Hayes P.O.V.

After the phone call with Bart I knew I would see Cathy, I haven't spoken to her since the day I left and she went to Magcon but I'm just hoping she didn't take my advice and go to Shawn. I know I told her too but honestly he doesn't deserve her, nobody does, not even me.

"Mom I'm going back to magcon."

She's cutting up sweet potatoes and is making her famous sweet potato fries for the new neighbors directly across the street, I haven't met them yet because apparently they still have to pack and haven't came, but my mom said that there are teenagers around Nashs age. Whoever they are, they're lucky because that house is too pricey for anyone here, so they must be wealthy. It's a three story mansion and they have an amazing pool and hot tub, over the summer Nash and I would hop the fence and go swimming in the pool because we dont have one and our parents were to lazy or busy to drive us to the lake.

"When are you leaving?" She sprinkles cinnamon and other spices on the uncooked potato slices.

"Tomorrow I think, it's only for like two days though"

She winks at me "Are you excited to see Catherine?"

"Mom please don't start." I place my head in my hands

"Why?"

"Because We're not dating and-"

-And who's fault is that?"

I regret telling my mom everything because now she won't keep her mouth shut. "I guess Mine."

"You guess correctly, you automatically assume you're not good enough for the girl because she's older than you? That's a terrible reason, Hayes grier you are a very lucky man to find a girl who will accept you for you, she was on that dang tour with a dozen other good looking boys and she chose YOU. You ruined that for the both of you."

"Thanks mom for not sugar coating that."

"Sugar coating? When will I ever? Besides someone has to tell you the truth, writing her a letter to go to another man is definitely something else."

I stand up "I'm gonna go start packing"

"Okay sweety!" She mumbles the rest to herself as I walk away "Writing a letter to go to another man."

"I can still hear you!" As I shout going up to my bedroom

"Good maybe it will make you realize you made a big mistake!"

"I know i did, but I also don't need you to remind me!"

I slam my door shut and I can still hear her "You better win her heart back Benjamin Hayes grier!"

///

During my flight I've been contemplating on what to say to Cathy.
And when i landed I finally decided on apologizing and asking her to be with me.
I think having my mom continuously reminding me of how dumb it was to tell her to be with Shawn really influenced my decision.

Literally my moms last words to me when I got off the car was "Don't repeat and do anything stupid again, anyways I love you, have a safe flight, REMEMBER don't be an idiot!" And she drove off.

Honestly if shes with Shawn I'll probably have a breakdown but I did tell her to go be with him, I can't be mad at anyone else but myself.

God I am an idiot.

What was I thinking telling the girl of my dreams to be with another man? I'm a complete fool.

I should've called Nash and ask how she was so I can pinpoint on how to act but I just didn't because I was scared to hear the outcome.