26

Tomorrow is the beginning of a new year where many people say they will have a new resolution and never follow through with it.
Like me for example, last new years I said I would start going to the gym to achieve a six pack.. let's just say the Manager at McDonald's his name is 'Jim' And I was they're daily getting a six pack of nuggets.

I guess when they say 'Christmas is the most memorable time of the year', they aren't lying.

After Shawn hung up on me that day I called Dean and wished him a merry Christmas, I'm not gonna lie he sounded surprised to hear from me and it's not because he said "I'm surprised to hear from you." I was gonna thank him for the gift but I would've felt bad for not getting him anything so I didn't bring it up.
We talked for hours and eventually he said he had to go to this dinner and take his friend a gift, I guess it is a friend he made when I was gone, He told me she's pregnant and so he bought baby clothes.
I have no idea what pregnant friend he has but o'well. I don't know her. I don't care.

I haven't told my mom yet that I've been talking to Dean because she'll just over react like she did on Christmas.

"Cathy!"

"What mom?!" I tumble out of bed and struggle to open my door

"Cathy!" She shouts again

"What MOM? What!" I walk to the staircase and look down. Do I really want to walk down those stairs? Is it really worth it?

She sees me at the staircase "Cathy come down those stairs, I will not shout at you."

"Why not?" I sit down on the stairs

"Because it's not polite." She walks away

I shout "Romeo shouted to Juliet!"

"And they're both dead! Now come downstairs, I will not continue to yell to you."

"Do you need a shove?"

I jump up startled "No Nash I do not."

I stand up and he smirks "I can trip you.."

"Thanks but no thanks."

My mom shouts from the kitchen "Cathy! Cameron! Come downstairs I need to talk to both of you!"

"What about me?!" Nash asks

"And you too Nash." She says

"Did you guys forget about me?" Hayes asks walking out of the other guest room across the hall from The guest room Nash is staying In.

"No we didn't." My mom says

"I was trying too.." Nash says

Hayes mocks his brother "I was trying too."

"I'll get Cameron" Nash says walking away

It took Nash maybe five minutes to get Cameron, only because he is a heavy sleeper and hates being woken up.
They finally sit down at the table with Hayes, my mom and me when Cameron asks "Why did I need to be waken up for this?"

My mom rolls her eyes "Because I need to tell you guys that I'll be working tomorrow and-" Cameron smiles big but my mom speaks faster "-And you will not be throwing any parties."

"But mom!" Cameron pouts "A small get together? With a couple of friends?"

She gets up and pours herself coffee "No, besides you already have Nash and Hayes." She sips her coffee "That's a 'couple' and plus you all will be going to your dad's-"

"MOM!" I shout

"He really wants you guys to go." She pleads

"I DONT HAVE A DAD" Cameron slams his hands on the table "Besides why didn't he personally invite us?"