Mothers Boyfriend

My parents are divorced.

You may know this if I told you...

But what you don't know is, my mother has a boyfriend.

...To be honest, it stinks.

My parents have been divorced for a few years now, so the wounds my mother caused me are still fresh in my mind.

At first, I didn't know that my mom was dating. That was until I became suspicious. First it were the dating apps on her phone. Then she began to go out without saying where she was going (trust me, she always tells my brother and I where she's going!). Then she brought her first boyfriend home.

...I don't think my mom has done anything with any man....but I'm not to sure....

Mom seems serious with her current boyfriend, a guy named Joe.

I'm not to sure where my feeling lie with my mother dating, or her current boyfriend.

My emotions are in between liking Joe and absolutely secretly hating him. I'm concerned, angry at the 2, upset, sad and even scarred for my life a bit. I may be over killing it by saying I fear for my life, but that's how I feel at times.

It doesn't help that he looks a lot like a fictional character from the TNT TV series, the Librarians! Hey, I have a weird mind, ok? *Shrug* And it doesn't help at all that I wrote about the Villain, how he married my OC's mom, killed her brother and father, then raped her....yeah, my mind is a weird place.... basically, my book is coming to life and I can't do anything about it....

Has anybody been in a position or has been in a position where one of your parents started dating? And if so, how do you deal with it? Or how did you deal with it?

Also, I wanna thank ninja-forever with helping me deal with my mom's boyfriend. Without her and your support....let's just say I'd be in a whole lot darker and weirder place...in a bad way. So thanks, you've guys helped my sanity to largely stay intact! 😊