Chapter 20

April 2021 (Ellie's 39 weeks)

"I think it's time we take you to the hospital." I nodded, looking over to where my little boy was.

"Come here baby." He came over and I had him on my lap the best I could.

"Mommy and daddy are about to go to the hospital. Pretty soon your little sister will be here."

"Me go?"

"No, Uncle Cohen and Amanda are going to stay with you."

"But I want to go with you."

"I know baby, but it's not a good idea for you to go. I promise when the baby comes you will get to come see us. Colin, I just want you to know momma loves you so much. I promise when your sister is here, we still will have mommy and Colin time okay."

"Okay love you momma."

"Love you."

A contraction came and I moved Colin.

"Momma."

"I'm okay."

Jason came in with our hospital bags.

"Cohen's on his way." I nodded pulling Colin back into me giving him a kiss. It's always been the two of us, now it's really going to change. I'm not just his momma anymore, I'm their momma. They finally showed up and kissed Colin goodbye.

"You nervous?" Jason asked.

"A little bit, Colin's been my baby for three years and I'm about to have another baby. I love her so much, but it's going to take some adjusting to having two babies."

"Get used to having a newborn again."

"That's for sure." I squeezed his hand as another contraction hit. My sister and mom are meeting us there. When we pulled up my mom came right over to me.

"Ready?"

"Little bit."

"I'm going to be here every step of the way." I nodded pulling her into a hug. I'm so thankful that I have her here this time. It makes it so much more special. We got everything set up and I curled up to Jason on my bed.

"Ready for Harlow to be here?"

"Yea but I'm scared. I'm worried about Colin in all of this."

"Honey, he's going to be just fine. You just have to make sure you have time where it's just you two or the three of you."

"I agree. Jas will you rub my back?" He nodded and I moved so he could rub my back.

A few hours later it was time to meet my little girl. My mom and sister stood on one side of me while Jason was on the other.

"You got this Ellie." I listened and fought my hardest.

"Last one."

"I'm so tired."

"You're right there, you can do it." I pushed one more time and bawled as they laid her on me. She's so tiny and perfect. My mom wiped the sweat from my forehead, while Jason cut her cord. Sophia moved my gown and they laid Harlow against me.

"Say hi momma, happy birthday." I looked at my mom and she smiled at me.

"Happy birthday Ellie.

"Happy birthday baby sis and baby niece."

"Thank you." I turned to my baby girl looking at her and giving her kisses.

"Hi Harlow, I'm your mommy."