Chapter 14

March 2018

"I can't believe I'm back here." I sighed.

Kayla and Dave are finally getting married, so my whole family flew out to Arizona. My mom decided it was time to visit grandma while my dad of course had to tag along. We kids are actually going to the wedding. Cohen is going to be my date, and then of course Sophia will be with Drew. Kayla really wanted Colin to be there, so we're bringing both the babies.

"Buddy, we get to see Aunt Kayla and Uncle Dave." I smiled giving his cheek a kiss.

"Momma."

"Hi baby."

"Momma."

"Should we go see what aunt Kayla is doing?"

"No."

"I promise you can play with Jake as soon as we get back, you two can go swimming." He squirmed in my arms trying to get out, while I held onto him.

"Colin stop it." He screamed, squirming more. I groaned as I finally got him into the car and buckled in.

"Colin."

As I drove over to Kayla and Dave's he had finally calmed down. Kayla wanted to see him or I would have just left him with my parents. I pulled up then got Colin out of the car seat.

"You're here!"

"We are!" Kayla came running out wrapping her arms around us.

"Hey buddy, you've gotten so big."

"He's a little grumpy."

"Come on, I have some toys." I nodded, following her into the house and into the living room.

"What is with the baby toys?" I smirked at her.

"I got them for Colin and Jake. I figured you guys wouldn't bring any."

"Thank you, it will give him something to do at the wedding."

"Plus, I'll have them for my kids one day."

"Are you guys going to try after the wedding?"

"Yea, we've finally decided it was time." She smiled. I could tell just how happy she is.

"I'm so happy for you."

"Thank you, I just wish you were closer."

"Me too, but I don't think I could live out here again."

"I understand that."

"If Jason." She nodded, understanding.

"I know honey, and you are doing an amazing job at being his mommy."

"Thank you."

Colin and I only stayed for a little while so he could go swimming with Jake. Sophia was with me, holding Jake against her.

"How was it?" She asked.

"Good, it's a little weird being back though."

"I bet, so is Jason going to be there?"

"She doesn't know yet. Dave's best man is his brother and there's no groomsman."

"Basically he doesn't have to be there."

"Yea, but he was his best friend."

"What are you going to do if he's there?"

"I don't know." She nodded and we floated around with our boy's. I honestly don't know what is going to happen if I see Jason. Little man is more active so that worries me a little bit.