Chapter 8

February 2017

"Hey." I looked up finding Kayla smiling at me.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Gosh, you're such a cute pregnant lady."

"I feel so huge and gross." She smiled placing her hand on my belly.

"Have you thought about what you want to do?"

"I don't know. I've looked into the adoption website. There are so many great stories, but none of them feel right."

"Have you thought about you?"

"Me?" I frowned.

"Keeping the baby, you would be so good."

"I'm not ready. I just want this baby to have the best life possible."

"And they will. You're the mom and you know what's best for your baby."

"It's so scary."

"I can't imagine, but we're here." I nodded, rubbing my hand over my belly. I can feel the baby swimming around, but I haven't felt any kicks yet.

"Come on, we better get going." She got up and I followed her out the door. Today I'm finding out the gender of the baby. I've been having a feeling it's a boy, but who knows I'm probably wrong. Kayla squeezed my hand making me look at her.

"We're here."

"Oh."

"It's going to be fine." I nodded and we got out, going inside. Kayla filled everything out for me, while I stood there looking around.

"El."

"Relax."

"I'm trying." She nodded as we sat down.

***

"You okay?" Kayla asked.

"Yea, I'm just exhausted."

"Sucking all the energy out your mom today huh." She placed her hand on my belly, smiling.

"You should have a baby?"

"We want to wait a little while."

"You two will be great." She smiled saying our final goodbyes. Kayla and Dave had gotten their own little place so I was back in the apartment. Jason had moved out that weekend he found out about the baby. I felt bad that I broke up the friendship between the three of them, but they said it was his fault. Jason had been pulling away from all of us, and he just wasn't the same.

I crawled into bed curling up. The baby was swimming around so I pocked around trying to get a kick.

"Night baby, I promise I will figure this out." I finally closed my eyes going right to sleep.

There's nothing like waking up to loud banging at the door. Slowly I dragged myself out of bed and went to answer it.

"Jason." I said in shock. This is the first time I've seen him since he kicked me out. He looked at me, looking down to my belly where I had a protective hand.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I live here now. Kayla and Dave gave me the apartment."

"Great."

"Jason, what are you doing here?"

"Wanted to talk to Dave." I nodded looking at the wall behind him. He hasn't said anything about the baby and I don't want to bring it up.

"Shit." I groaned.

"What, what's wrong?" He seemed scared. I smiled making him even more confused.