Chapter 2

Waking up I forgot where I was for a second. I got out of bed and walked to the kitchen where my grandma was.

"Morning."

"Morning sweetie, how did you sleep?"

"Good." I sighed. She nodded, handing me my breakfast.

"Thank you."

We ate then went into the living room. She grabbed something, I'm assuming is my dad's baby book.

"There's your dad."

"Awe he's so cute." I smiled looking at all his cute little baby pictures. I saw her grab another album. It was of my dad holding a baby.

"This was the first picture of you two." Tears built up in my eyes as I looked through the rest of the pictures. There were pictures of all of us, my dad, mom, and even Sophia.

"I wish I could remember something about him."

"I know honey. You were so little when it happened. He loves you so much and he's so proud of you." I nodded holding on to her tightly. She told me more about him before I went back to my room to call my mom. Right now I just need to hear her voice.

"Hello."

"Hey momma." I said trying not to cry.

"Hi baby, what's wrong?"

"We talked about daddy."

"Oh honey, I wish I could be there."

"Do you miss dad?" She sighed.

"I do, everyday. I see him in you. You two are a lot alike."

"Do you have anything of his still?"

"Of course, it's all saved for you honey." I smiled.

"Thank you."

"You okay?"

"Yea, just a lot to take in."

"I know and remember he is always around you."

"Love you momma."

"Love you too honey, I'll talk to you later." I hung up and went back to the living room where my grandma was.

"I'm going to go to the mall. Do you need anything?"

"No, I'm good thank you. You okay?"

"Yea thank you so much for this."

"Anytime." She gave me another hug, before I left and headed to the mall. I needed to clear my head of everything. Walking around I grabbed a few things.

"Cute top." Some girl said.

"Oh thank you." I smiled at her.

"Where you from?"

"Ohio."

"Nice and I really like your accent." I looked at her confused.

"Accent?"

"Uh huh."

"Didn't realize I had one."

"My names Kayla." She smiled. Kayla was gorgeous with her long blonde hair and ocean blue eyes.

"Ellie."

"El, I like it."

"Hmm, yea I like it too." I smiled.

"What are you doing out here?"

"I'm visiting my grandma, trying to find out more about my dad. I also need to find me too."