Chapter 16

March 2020 (Colin's two years old)

It's been a week since I saw Jason last. Surprisingly he hasn't tried to contact me.

"You leaving?" One of my coworkers asked.

"Yea I got to go pick up my little man."

"Alright I'll see you."

"Bye Heather." I grabbed my bag and headed out the door.

"I'm so sorry." Of course I hit someone with the door on the way out.

"And we meet again." Jason, I groaned.

"In that case I'm not sorry." I looked up at Jason's smirking face.

"You're still here?"

"Baby I'm not leaving."

"Fine I'm leaving."

"We need to talk."

"No we don't." I hissed.

"You know we need to, for our son."

"He's my son, and I need to go pick him up." I stormed off not wanting to hear another word from him. I got in my car and drove to the day care to pick up Colin. The days that I work Colin will either go to my parents or day care, depending on if they are free.

"Hey Ellie, you okay?" Amber one of the girls that worked here asked me.

"Yea, just been a long day. How was he?"

"Good as always."

"Thank you." She handed me his things and I opened the classroom door. He was smiling and laughing as he was playing with his friends. Seeing him smile and happy, made my day better.

"Momma." He finally turned towards me.

"Hey baby, you ready?" He nodded and came over giving me a hug.

"Say bye." He said good bye to all of his friends and we went home. Once we were home I started to make dinner and he sat at the table drawing a picture.

"What did you do today?"

"Color letters."

"That's good, did you have fun?" He nodded and finished coloring.

"Momma."

"What baby?"

"Where's my daddy?" I stopped what I was doing and turned to look at him. He was giving me his pouty face making my heart break even more. Jason is in town and maybe I should give him a chance.

There was a knock at the door pulling me from my thoughts. I glanced at Colin before going over to the door. Opening the door it was none other than Jason. Perfect timing when Colin is wondering where his daddy is.

"What are you doing here?"

"We need to talk."

"Momma." Colin came running over to me.

"It's okay, go back to coloring."

"But." He frowned looking up at me.

"Buddy, I will talk to you about it later okay." He frowned and went towards the living room.

"Please."

"Fine, you can stay for dinner, but there is no mention of who you are."

"Okay fine." He came inside and I took him to the living room where Colin was.

"Buddy, this one of momma's old friends, his name is Jason."

"Colin." Colin smiled at him.

"It's nice to meet you little man. What are you watching?"