"I know that I was surprised at how much Becca affected me, and even more at how much Jacob has changed because of Ser, but then you act like this. My mind is blown that you are getting worked up by Hailey, and you hated her before."

I shift uncomfortably, "I'm not getting worked up! She still annoys me."

"Yeah, sure. You're just annoyed at how much she affects you."

"Shut up," I grumble.

Jacob and Serena walk over in that moment, as does Nate. I bite my cheek as I start to feel anger flow through my veins at the sight of him. He's the reason I can't go up to tell Hailey about this predicament. I'm sure she'd rather spend her time with him than me.

"Hey Hails," he says.

"Hi Nate. What are you doing here?"

"I go to this school now."

My hand fists. "Don't you start," I tell Danny.

He smirks, and makes a little heart with his hands and pouts, breaking the heart. My mood sours throughout the whole lunch period. I try to put all my attention on the conversation that Jacob and Danny are having, but I can't. Did Nate really have to go to this school? It's bad enough that Hailey dislikes me, but now there's someone else who could take her heart.

So you want her heart? No, I don't!

The bell rings and I watch as Hailey walks away with Nate at her side. I toss my trash away and follow behind about ten feet. A sneer washes over my lips when I see her smile at him, and when he leaves a kiss atop her head. She grins and travels down the hallway. This is my chance. Everyone else goes to class, only a few stragglers. As she moves farther away from me, I grab her wrist and pull her to another hallway, away from preening eyes.

"Nick!? What are you doing?" she asks, red on her cheeks.

"We need to talk," I tell her, pushing her closer to the wall.

She tenses and holds her hands up. I smirk as I watch her mouth open and close. But then my gaze falters to her lips. They're so pink and soft-looking. When I snap out of it, Hailey has even more blush, and I'm very close to her.

"What do you want to talk about?" she asks softly.

"...You and Nate."

I can't possibly tell her so bluntly. What if she's got a thing for him? Although I do feel something for her, I won't say it if she has already fallen for him. Her eyes harden, a hint of discomfort in her brown Mali Garnet eyes.

"It's none of your business," she snaps.

"Well with how sappy you guys are being, it's practically everyone's business."

Her face reddens, this time with anger instead of embarrassment, "Why are you so freaking annoying?"

"I'm not the one who can't take a joke," I say, hoping that it is a joke.

Her eyes become fiery, "Can you just leave me alone!?"

"No!" I yell.

No matter what I do, I can't get her out of my mind. I have this little feeling inside me to get closer to her. I can't help myself.

"Why not?"

"I don't know!" I throw my hands in the air. "I don't know, alright."

"What do you mean 'you don't know'? It's not as if you actually like–" oh she's so annoying.

I push her against the wall and smash my lips onto hers. My eyes close at the wonderful feeling. I knew it, her lips are soft. Our mouths move together and I hear her sigh. I wrap my hands around her slim waist and pull her closer to me. Her hands move to my hair, tugging at it. My tongue pushed through her lips and she lets out a small whimper. As the kiss goes on, she becomes more confident and kisses me harder.