Chapter Eighteen: Blaze's First Word

|Surprise! I bet you weren't ever expecting an update for this story again. WELP I decided I wanted to add one more chapter. So here you all go! I hope you like it. :) | 

She wanted to smack that smirk off of her lover's face. But she didn't.

She also wished she had planned a bit more for going back to teaching. But she didn't do that either. 

"I told you to stop calling me that." Levy said with a sigh.

"Aw but it's cute that he called ya that." Gajeel's smirk remained on his face and Levy hated that he was at all beginning to convince her of that.

"Shrimp!" Blaze yelled looking at Levy.

"Haha, yeah... shrimp." Levy's tone told Gajeel he was in trouble if he wasn't catching the glare she sent his way. "Can you say mama?" Levy looked at her son with a smile.

"Shrimp!" He said again. Levy sighed and handed Gajeel their son.

"I have no idea how you managed to get this kid to learn a word at four months." Levy grabbed her bag then grabbed her coat slipping it on. 

"Yer an English and Solid Script teacher and yer wonderin' how the kid is learning so quickly?" Gajeel's eyes met hers telling her it was her fault. 

She glared at him, "Yeah but-,"

"Shrimp-,"

"Shrimp!" Their son blurted out.

Levy rolled her eyes.

"I wasn't tryin' to get him to say anythin'." Gajeel continued as if he hadn't been cut off. "Hell, the kid is barely crawling."

"I refuse to take responsibility for that." Levy replied bitterly. She grabbed her car keys and opened the front door. "Anyway, I'll be back around four, I have a meeting after school." She walked out and closed the door behind her.

Gajeel had just put Blaze down for a nap when the front door to the apartment opened. Gajeel walked out of the infant's bedroom to find his small fiancée shrugging off her coat. She looked up and smiled at him happily.

"How'd it go?" He questioned walking into the kitchen. He placed the empty bottle in the sink and washed his hands. 

"It went well. It's strange seeing all those kids again." She replied putting her car keys on the counter. She leaned on it and stared across at Gajeel, "How was the day with Blaze?"

"Good, good." He looked up from the sink and turned off the water. He dried his hands on a towel then walked around the counter and kissed Levy gently on the lips. "I have a job this weekend. Are ya gonna be alright without me here?" 

"Of course. Weekend jobs have never been a problem. You know that." She wrapped her arms around him.

"What are ya gonna do if I decide to start school in January?" He smirked and she glared at him.

"You haven't mentioned this before." He swayed her in his arms gently. He smiled as she continued, "What makes you want to go to college all of a sudden?"

"Safer job opportunities. I ain't likin' the idea of Blaze endin' up like me." He kissed her forehead as Levy thought about it.

"But you hate school."

"And I love my family. It'd be something I'm willin' to do for you two." He picked her up and she struggled in his arms. "Let's drop this for now. He ain't gonna stay asleep forever."

Levy laughed as he ran them to their bedroom. Gajeel had no intention of doing anything too wild. He just wanted some quiet cuddle times. He had a feeling Levy knew that. They didn't want another kid for a while. Blaze was enough work.

||Small chapter but I miss my teacher Levy so much ;-;||