Chapter Eight: Christmas

Levy sighed and cuddled in her blankets. Lucy was over at Natsu's for Christmas, she had invited her but she really was avoiding seeing Gajeel again. She was surprised Lucy believed her when she said she was feeling sick. Sickness was never something that stopped Levy from doing anything, especially since she rarely ever got sick.

She sighed and stared at the TV. Christmas movies, the same ones they had been playing the whole month of December. She picked up her hot coco and sipped it. She flipped the channel where they were showing the more scary Christmas movies about murderous Santas and Elves.

Levy watched the current Santa slasher in almost complete darkness, the only thing that lit up any part of hers and Lucy's apartment was the tiny Christmas tree that sat in the corner of their living room. She smiled at it seeing her's and Lucy's few gifts sitting there, waiting for Lucy to come home.

Levy looked back to the TV where the movie she was watching was just getting good. Santa finally arrived and started killing people. It gave her chills thinking about it. Right as Santa popped out at the main character she jumped and a car sped by shinning a light in her apartment window. She blinked and looked at the window then walked over to it slowly, hugging her blanket close. Not many people drove around her apartments this time of year because mostly everyone left for the holidays.

Peeking out the window Levy sighed seeing it was just a Mustang pulling into the parking lot. She backed up and went back to the couch where she sat and continued watching her movie.

"Lucy!" Gajeel heard Natsu yell from their living room and then he heard the front door shut. "Where's Levy?"

"She didn't come, she's sick." He heard Lucy reply.

Sick? I'm sure that's it.

Gajeel got up out of his bed and walked out of his room into the living room where the couple smiled at him. "Hey Gajeel." Lucy said, "Merry Christmas."

He nodded and walked past them into the kitchen. "What are you doin'?" Natsu asked.

"I'm ain't leaving Levy to spend the night alone." He said pulling a couple of pots and skillets down. "So I'm makin' her dinner and headin' over there."

"What?!" Lucy and Natsu said in unison. 

Gajeel glared at them. "Ain't no use in lying, you two want yer damn alone time anyways." He went into the fridge and pulled out two steaks. "Plus, I ain't denyin' my feelings for the shrimp any longer." He shrugged.

"Who are you and what did you do with Gajeel?" Natsu asked.

Gajeel shot him a death glare and Natsu blinked and the couple sat in silence.

Gajeel put on his headband and wrapped a scarf around his neck. He pulled on his jacket then picked up the keys to his mustang. He walked into the kitchen and grabbed the dish he had decided to put his and Levy's food in then headed to the door.

"Are you sure you wanna do that?" Lucy asked finally.

Gajeel looked at her and raised an eyebrow, "Well I ain't leaving her alone, so yes." He replied opening the door. He walked out the door and to his car.

Levy had only been back on her couch for maybe two minutes after checking the window when there was a knock on the door. She glared at it, slightly terrified because of her Christmas slasher.

Levy got up after about a minute and flipped on the lights. "Yes?" She said opening the door slowly. She saw and smelled the food first, and that's when she looked up and saw him. She blinked and blushed brightly. "G-Gajeel?"

"Hey, shrimp." He said smirking a little. He must've noticed that blush on her face. "Blondie said you were sick, you ain't lookin' very sick." He looked her up and down.

Levy crossed her arms in front of her chest, "So?" She asked.

"So I came to spend the night here with you." He replied. He held the dish of food out to her and she took it with a soft smile.

"B-but only as friends." She clarified. "My job and-,"

"Shhh," Gajeel walked in past her and she closed the door. "I'm well aware, yer job means a lot to ya. I promise I won't try anything on ya."

Levy let out a breath of relief and walked with Gajeel to the kitchen where they got plates.

Levy relaxed on the opposite end of couch from Gajeel shivering quite a bit. She was also scared of the movie her and Gajeel were watching, she hated admitting it but horror movies actually got to her.

"Cold?" Gajeel asked looking at her.

She shook her head in a lie.

Gajeel smirked and pulled her closed. He tucked her under a blanket with him and kept her close under his arm. She sat there bitterly.

"I shook my head, that means no." She mumbled bitterly.

"Which means yer lying. Yer shriving, Levy." He replied looking down at her. She glared up at him, "Stop being so adorable."

She blushed and looked away, "Y-you said!"

"I said I ain't gonna do anything, I never said I ain't gonna speak my mind." He smirked.

"You make it hard not to love you." She whispered still not looking at him.

Gajeel blinked, "Wh-what did you say?!"

"I said you make it hard not to love you!" She sat up and glared at him.

"Gihi."

"What?!"

"I love you too, shrimp."

"Sh-shut up! I don't need to hear that!" She closed her eyes and held her hands over her ears.

Gajeel smirked and leaned forward taking her hands away. "Levy."

"Hmm?" She said relaxing a little looking at him.

"Denying your feelings ain't healthy."

"I know." She looked away and he leaned in closer. She looked back and blushed brightly, "Ga-Gajeel, you're getting really close."

"I know." He whispered kissing her softly.

Levy blinked in shock but didn't pull away. She leaned into it more closing her eyes. That's about when she realized what they were doing. She pulled away quickly and blushed brightly feeling stupid. "You said you wouldn't!" She yelled.

"Gihi, you weren't really objecting either." He said smirking.

She cuddled up next to him bitterly and sighed, "Shut up." She whispered watching the movie trying to forget what had just happened.