Chapter Eleven: Sleeping In Late

Levy woke up in her bed, normal as always, except there was a couple differences. She was laying next to Gajeel and neither of them were wearing clothes. Levy blushed remembering the night before, but bit her lip remembering that it really was a rule breaker when it came to being a teacher. Being with a student was already a crime, but being with a student was even worse. 

Levy got out of bed grabbing her house coat from the side of her bed. She slipped it on and wrapped herself in it tying it in the middle. She looked back over at the bed where Gajeel laid sleeping. He looked so peaceful. It made her want to lay back down and cuddle him as he slept, but she needed to pee. 

After Levy's trip to the bathroom, she grabbed a glass of water and shuffled her way through her dark apartment. She reached her bedroom door and sipped it as Gajeel rolled over in her bed, his arm seeking her out. She giggled when his eyes opened sleepily. "Levy?" He mumbled.

"I'm over here." She said walking closer. She sat on the bed and smiled at him. Of course he was tired, it was only three in the morning. 

"Why are you out of bed?" He asked pulling her closer. He hugged her tightly as he snuggled into the pillows. Levy laid down and cuddled him.

"I needed to use the restroom and I was thirsty. Get back to sleep, sleepy." She whispered closing her eyes. She smiled as she fell back asleep, completely forgetting that she had class to teach in a few hours and that Gajeel was in that class.

Gajeel snuggled Levy as she slept in his arms. He'd been awake maybe ten minutes, and that's when it dawned on him to check what time it was. He and Levy both had to get to the school. He glanced at the clock on the other side of Levy. It was 8:40 a.m., ten minutes into first hour. "Shit!" he jumped up startling the sleeping girl in his arms. 

Levy sat up quickly. "Gaje?" She said sleepily. 

"We need to get out of here. I'm late for class and you're late for clocking into work!" 

It took the half asleep Levy to realize what he was saying, "Hm...?" she looked around then at the clock. "Oh crap." she nearly flew out of bed as Gajeel threw on his clothes and grabbed his keys from the counter in the kitchen. "I'll see you at school. Bye shrimp!" He unlocked the front door and threw it open quickly. 

As Gajeel closed the front door he heard Levy shout bye to him, he swore he heard "I love you" afterwards, but he didn't really have the time to stop and reply to her.

Gajeel flew down the stairs faster than he ever thought he could. He nearly tripped on the last one. Everyone in the lobby stared at him. That's when he realized he probably looked like he was in a rush to get away from a one-night-stand, when really that wasn't the case. 

Levy tapped her finger on the steering wheel as she called Makarov. He picked up on the third ring, "Hello? This is Makarov of Fairy Tail High, how may I help you?" His voice was so chipper it made Levy feel a little better.

"Hello sir, it's Levy McGarden-,"

"Oh, you haven't been in yet have you?"

"No, sir." She bit her lip nervously. "I don't have a class until second period, I just thought I'd ask if someone could fill in for me if I don't show up on time."

"Oh, not a problem." He replied. "Just don't let this be an everyday thing."

"Alright. Thank you!" She hung up and started up her engine. She backed out of the parking space and started on her way towards her school. 

Levy was taking attendance for her second hour and right as she finished, Gajeel slipped in the door. She looked up and smiled at him. "Morning, Mr. Redfox." She pretended she was writing his tardy down, when in reality she didn't. "You're late. Take a seat and talk to me after class will you?"

"Yes, ma'am." He said glaring at her. He threw his stuff down on his desk and lounged in his seat as Levy started class. 

About five minutes before the class was over, someone walked up to Levy and smiled. She handed her a slip of paper which made Levy blush brightly out of embarrassment. Before she could say anything the bell rang and everyone was filing out of her classroom. Gajeel eyed her for his desk with is arms crossed.

"What does the note say, Ms McGarden?" He said with a bit of sass in his voice. It was strange, because it was Gajeel. 

"Nothing I should be sharing with a student." She looked at the door and sighed, "Teacher or not, they still treat me like I'm one of the students." She handed the note to Gajeel.

"I'm not just another student though," Gajeel said taking the note. "And I ain't treating ya like that." He looked into her chocolate color eyes. 

"Surprisingly." Levy said going along with it.

Gajeel laughed handing her the note back, "Well they ain't wrong." He stood up and grabbed his things. He pulled the collar of Levy's shirt up a little. "Make sure that stays covered, I doubt anyone else will say anythin' passed this." He winked then left for his next class as other students started coming in.

Levy looked down and moved the collar of her shirt and saw the hicky on her collar bone. She blushed and covered it quickly as the rest of her class took their seats and the bell rang.