Chapter Two: You're A Teacher?!

Gajeel sighed tapping his pen on his desk while he waited for his first hour to end. Math always bored him, he'd never admit it, but he was smarter in it than he let on. He only played stupid so he wouldn't have to deal with tutoring the idiots around him. English though, English was his weaker subject. He wasn't looking forward to going to his English class, especially since he kept hearing rumors about the teacher he had, Ms. McGarden, was the newest and youngest teacher hired at the school. 

"She better be good at teachin'." He mumbled as the bell rang. He looked up and started packing his things up. He stood up and slung his bag over his right shoulder then headed down the hall and out of the Math part of the school building.

Gajeel made his way to the English part of the high school building where he bumped into Juvia who was stalking her crush, Gray Fullbuster. "Hey." He said nudging her shoulder. She looked at him then smiled brightly. "What's up waterlady?"

"Hello Gajeel!" She said happily. "Juiva is just following Gray to his classes. I must know every one by tomorrow."

Gajeel gave her a strange look and she ran off to follow Gray into the classroom next to his own. The classroom of the new, young, teacher. He stepped in looking at the ground. He really didn't want to look at her, he was scared of how young and stupid she looked. He stopped about half way to a seat.

"Excuse me," Someone said behind him. He turned around and was about to move out of the way when he saw her again. "Uh..." She stared up at him. 

"Y-yer a teacher?!" He yelled louder than he intended. Levy blushed brightly and moved passed him quickly hiding her face. "Wait a moment, short stuff!"

"I have things to do!" Levy yelled back quickly grabbing a stack of papers from her desk. "And don't call me short, it's Ms. McGarden to you!" She snapped. 

Gajeel glared at the small blue haired girl, the one younger than him, and he took a seat bitterly. "Teacher," he mumbled, "I should've known."

Levy's heart picked up pace as soon as she realized that the guy that was in her way was the same one from that morning. The one that came over with Lucy's boyfriend... person. She knew he was in school, but she didn't think she would end up running into him. She was about to walk away and go around him when he turned around and looked at her. 

"Y-yer a teacher?!" He yelled at her. She felt a blush fill her face and she sped away from him quickly, determined not to be embarrassed by one of her own students. 

I'm stuck with him for a year? 

"Wait a moment, short stuff!" He called after her. 

"I have things to do." She yelled at him, it was more of an excuse. She had all her plans done for the school year. She was a hard worker and really hated last minute planning like most teachers did all the time. She picked up a stack of papers that had nothing to do with the class that was about to start. She actually picked up her Solid Script papers. She bit the inside of her lip and then said, "And don't call me short, it's Ms. McGarden to you!" 

She put the stack of papers back down and walked to the front of the class as the bell rung. She smiled happily at her class of Seniors. "Hello everyone." She said avoiding eye contact with the pierced boy. "I'm Ms. McGarden, your Senior English teacher. I'm going to call role and then we can get this class started." She smiled again and noticed the boy was still staring at her. She avoided eye contact again and picked up her class list.

Natsu was standing outside of the classroom when Gajeel finally got out of his second hour. He nearly ran out, Levy had kept giving him glares whenever she noticed he was looking at her. "What?" Gajeel asked as he walked passed him.

"How'd it go?" Natsu asked trying to keep up with him. The two had class together, being that they were two out of the three dragon slayers registered at the school. 

"It went awkwardly. You could've warned me that she was working here!"

"Well I didn't know until this morning when Lucy told me, plus I didn't tell you to find any interest in the Lucy's roommate. You did that all on your own, metal face."

"Shut it salamander, before I shut your mouth for you." Gajeel glared at his roommate from over his shoulder. "Let's just go."

"Aye!" Natsu said following him. Gajeel heard him chuckling from behind him though. It was going to be a long day.