Chapter Twelve: "Yer Kiddin', Right?"

"What do you mean yer our substitute?" Gajeel said crossing his arms over his chest angrily. "Ms. McGarden has no reason to be missing a day-,"

He was cut off by the man standing in front of him. "She called in sick." He said turning around. He began writing on the board as Gajeel shuffled to his desk crossing his arms across his chest and throwing his legs on the top of the desk. Levy hadn't talked to him about a week and he was almost sure it had something to do with him on why she was gone. She wasn't "sick".

Gajeel picked up his phone then growled seeing he had seven texts from an unknown number. He opened them.

Message one: Gajeel?

Message two: Hey, wait, you don't have my number. LOL. It's Lucy.

Message three: Uh, so do you know where Levy is?

Message four: Oh shit, she just texted me back.

Message five: WAIT YOU TWO ARE A THING?!

Message six: Oh... you might want to go to her apartment after school...

Message  seven: Sorry about the spam. :3 ~Lucy

Author: I totally don't text like that... :3 I do, ask  I've done it to her a few times. xD

Gajeel slammed his phone down on the table which made the whole room of people look at him. He glared at them all and got up. "What're ya lookin' at?" He said bitterly. He wasn't exactly bitter though, he was worried about Levy. "I ain't feelin' good." He looked at the sub. "I'm goin' to the office and signing myself out to go home."

"Whatever." The substitute said waving his hand. He had a glare on Gajeel the while he was crossing the classroom. 

Once Gajeel was out in the hall, he opened got on his phone and texted Levy.

Hey, are you alright?

He walked down the hall pocketing his phone. He felt it buzz once he reached the office. The woman behind the sign out desk smiled at him, "Can I help you?" she asked.

"Yeah, I need to sign myself out." He said walking closer. He picked up the pen and signed himself out. 

"Do you have a reason?"

Gajeel glared at her, "I'm 18 years of age, I can decide when I'm done with this shithole of a place fer a day." He put the pen down, "Anyway, I have an emergency." And he was out the door.

Levy paced her apartment worried about what she should tell Gajeel. How would he react? Would he leave her in fear? So many things were rushing through her mind. Then she remembered that she had called in to work that morning. She blinked. "SHIT." She threw herself onto the couch and buried her face deep into the pillows. "Stupid Gajeel."

Then her phone buzzed, it was Lucy. 

Hey Levy, I noticed you weren't here this morning. Are you alright?

Levy froze. What was she suppose to say? There were so many lies she could tell. So many lame excuses. She coughed, "I'm sick." She mumbled. She mentally smacked herself. Who else to confide in than her best friend? She began typing: 

Uh, yeah I'm okay. I just have a case of morning sickness... I'm pregnant...

With Gajeel's baby. We've been together since the day after Christmas.

Levy bit her lip as she hit the send button. 

Oh lord, Gajeel's baby... She buried her face back into the pillows and tried to sleep, but then her phone buzzed again.

It was Lucy.

Damn, I knew it! Well not the baby thing, but I knew you two were hiding something. 

Levy rolled her eyes as she began typing.

I haven't told Gajeel yet. I don't know how.

Lucy  texted back almost instantly.

I'll tell him to go over after school. Surely you'll have figured something out by that point.

Levy sighed. 

Thanks. I'm going to rest. Later...

Levy relaxed on the couch and tossed her phone up in the air catching it. She did that until she felt a little more calmed down, but right as she put it back down on the table it buzzed, again. But this time, it was Gajeel.

Hey, are you alright?

Levy bit her lip. Telling him in text would be a bad idea.

Yeah, I just don't feel well. I'll see you after school.

With that Levy put the phone down and fell asleep.

Gajeel pulled up to Levy's apartment building feeling a little silly. He left school out of worry for her, she'd be so mad at him. Especially since she was expecting him after three thirty in the afternoon. He shrugged it off and walked into the building. She'd have to deal with it. It was his duty as her boyfriend to take care of her.

He walked up the stairs like he always did, but something seemed a bit different than normal. Maybe it was quieter, every one of the kids that were usually running around making noise were at school. Their parents probably at work, it was kind of nice. But it scared Gajeel. What if Levy wasn't there?

He took a deep breath not realizing he was already standing in front of Levy's door. He had been so lost in his thoughts that he had gone into auto-pilot walking up the stairs and down the hall. He looked at the door then knocked three times.

It took about a minute, but he heard the locks come undone and then the door opened slowly. "Y-yes?" Levy whispered sleepily. She blinked then stared at him. "G-Gajeel?!

He raised an eyebrow as she retreated into the apartment. She nearly ran from him. He walked into the apartment closing the door behind him. "Shrimp, what's wrong wit ya?" He asked looking at the small lump on the couch. She was under a blanket, which was probably the most childish thing he'd ever seen her do. He secretively found it adorable.  

"I'm not ready for you to be here. Go away." She mumbled. 

"Well I'm already here, I ain't leavin." He sat down on the couch by her feet. She peeked out at him and Gajeel was shocked to see tears in her eyes. "What's wrong, love?" He asked.

"I-I..." She looked away. Her voice dropped the a whisper. "I'm pregnant." 

Gajeel blinked, "Yer kiddin', right?" He was shocked.

Levy shook her head and looked back at him. "I'm not."

Gajeel hugged her. "Well, I'm okay with that." He smiled down at her. "On the brightside, you should be fine. The baby won't be due until after  I graduate. Then we can come out as a couple and I can be there for you when you have it."

"B-but what if it is noticeable in a few months, before then?" She questioned. 

"Try yer best to hide it." He held her close in his arms. "Is that why you ran from me? What were you expecting me to do about this?"

"I thought... I thought you'd leave me. You don't seem like they type of guy that would want a child." She whispered holding onto him tightly. She was shaking slightly so Gajeel pulled the blanket over her more. 

"I'd never leave you over that." He kissed her head. "Yer the only girl I'd ever want to have a family with. Yer adorable, and I'm sure the baby will be too." He smiled when she looked up at him. She had a slight smile on her face. Before she could look away from him again, he kissed her. "It's all going to be alright."