Chapter 67 - Me and My Girls

Start from the beginning

Mia's p.o.v

Gently I caressed his face, "You are wanted, you are loved and this baby, this little life is gonna love you even more than I do. Because you're her daddy. You won't be like him and you won't be like Merle. Yah gonna show her the ropes, she's gonna be a little pain in your ass and you're gonna ask yah self why you didn't do this sooner."

His eyes connected with mine showing me the emotions swirling around inside him, all I could see was pure love in his eyes, love he had been waiting to feel and give for a long time.

"And me? I get to spend the rest of my life with you, I think I'm the luckiest woman going right now."

He lifted my chin, "Would yah marry me? Like before all this happened?"

I felt a lump form in my throat, "What?"

"Never mind."

"No Daryl yah took me by surprise was all. You ain't the kinda guy I'd think thought about marriage."

"Thought about it a lot." He muttered.

"Of course I would, doesn't matter what world. Before or after. Practically like an old married couple now right?" I giggled.

"So yah would say yes?"

"Absolutely."

"Yah hear that? Your mama said she'd marry me."

"C'mon five minutes is up."

Daryl's p.o.v

Felt right being out here just us, my girls and me. I had my hand rested on Mia's knee whilst I kept my eyes on the road waiting for my next direction. We had a couple places circled on the map that they wanted us to check out. Although the main goal was supplements for both Maggie and Mia I thought it was about time we started finding things for the baby.

"It's practically untouched, holy shit." Mia babbled looking at the shelves.

"Yah stay alert you hear me? Get what we need and go."

"Not often you find department stores like this."

"Baby section..." I trailed off,

"Hey don't you leave me!" She whispered scurrying after me.

"Look how small they are..."

She giggled feeling the fabric of the baby onesie I was looking at, "She's gonna be this big when she arrives yah know."

"I'm keeping this."

"Supplements Daryl..."

"She's gotta have clothes yah know..."

"Also both gotta be healthy."

I nodded continuing to look around grabbing things I knew we would need and not just for Mia, for Alexandria too. But nothing could keep me from grabbing things for the baby. After that department store we moved on finding a baby department store located in a nearby town.

"Yah alright?" I asked watching Mia standing there rubbing her back.

She nodded, "I'm okay."

"Promise?"

She sighed, "Promise."

Taking a couple walkers down inside this store I worked quickly grabbing things left right and centre. That's when I hit the jackpot. Flat pack cribs and there was only a few left untouched, someone must of been looking down on us today because it weren't just our little sprout that was gonna need a place to sleep. It was Glenn's and Maggie's too.

"Jesus, I'm glad this shit doesn't cost us." Mia laughed, "It'd cost a fortune."

"Even if we had to pay she would still be getting everything she needed. I told her, she ain't gonna be like me. I promised. She is gonna have a better life than me."

Mia went in front being my eyes and ears whilst I loaded the heavy shit up. I'd missed being a team, I enjoyed doing these things especially if I can do it with someone I love. Although it's more risky this way, more hurt involved if you ever lose em'.

"Can we stop for a bit?" Mia asked,

"Why? What's the matter?" I asked my eyes flicking from her back to the road.

"I'm uncomfortable." She moaned rubbing her little bump.

"Alright."

Gradually I slowed down pulling over even though it didn't matter if I was in the middle of the damn road or not. Once we had stopped she started to walk around, lean herself on the car or me. I watched her, concerned of course. I hated that she did this to me. Now I know why Merle never committed.

"Any better?"

"No."

"Get in the car." I muttered pulling my knife out,

Thankfully she didn't argue and she shut herself in the car whilst I dealt with the two approaching walkers. I was still pissed that my motorcycle and crossbow had been taken by that asshole in the woods. I swear if I ever see him again Imma kill him.

"Sure you're okay?"

She took my hand and squeeze it. "It's just my back and the way she's positioned."

"If you say so." I muttered starting the car.

The rest of the journey back was quiet which didn't sit well with me, every so often I glanced over seeing that she was completely in her own little world. At one point I was sure she was asleep but arrived back she was wide awake.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Again all I can do is apologise, hopefully these small updates will be enough for you jus to forgive me xD thanks guys! ~Rainie