Raising an Army

Y/N woke up energized the next morning, she began so stretch her body out when her arm brushed against Jasper's wild, tangled head of hair. She rolled to her side to face the gem and twirl a few strands of hair around her fingers, the gem didn't stir so Y/N continued to lay there and continue to toy with her hair. But after a few more minutes she grew restless and sat up, after getting a small head rush from what she believed to be dehydration she tried to get Jasper up and allowed herself to loom over Jasper so that she may be the first thing the gem saw once she arose from her rest. "Jasper...Jasper..." After cooing her name quietly for a few minutes it didn't seem to work. Y/N began to pout and started to get louder and louder, and sterner and sterner, till she began to sound like a tot who wasn't getting enough attention from a parent who couldn't bother to pay attention to them. So the human decided to get more physical, standing up on the bed she prepared to do a belly flop, and as she was about to land on top of the gem Jasper was gone in a flash- resulting in a face full of warm pillows.

"What were you tryin to do just now?" Jasper asked, a hint of amusement in her voice.

"I was trying to wake you up," Y/N answered, her voice came out muffled since her face was still buried in the pillows. "And now that you are, lets go eat!" Y/N took her face out of the pillow and walked to the kitchen, Tiger following in hot pursuit.

~skip to breakfast~

As they sat and ate Y/N turned the T.V. on flipping through channels until she saw some action packed scene and stayed on the channel. The two sat and ate, eventually Y/N was done and stood to take care of the dishes.

"Jasper, are you done with that?" Y/N asked, "Do you want me to take that for you?" Jasper ignored the human, her eyes were glued to the screen and watched a scene unfold where an army was suppressing a group of rebels. "Jasper," Y/N repeated her name over and over again. "Jasper, hello? Earth to Jasper!" Exasperatedly, Y/N searched for the remote and pressed the power button, causing a certain gem to snap out of their trance and look angrily at Y/N.

"I was watching that!" Jasper exclaimed.

"And I was asking you a question," Y/N retorted, the gem paused, then pouted angrily and looked to Y/N impatiently.

"What do you want?" Jasper grumpily awaited for Y/N to ask her question again.

"Are you done eating?" Y/N asked, holding a hand out for Jasper to give her the dish.

"Here," Jasper handed it to her then looked at her up and down, "...can you give me the remote now?"

'Jeez,' Y/N sighed inwardly to herself.

"Here you go-" Y/N held the remote out for Jasper and it was gone from her hand in seconds. Jasper went to sit on the couch and quickly turned the T.V. back on, immediately becoming entranced by what was being shown.

Soon after the dishes were washed, Y/N began to clean the rest of the house, and seeing that she was able to get through cleaning without any distraction she was grateful for the program that kept Jasper out of her hair. After she was done, Y/N decided to go take shower, but before she did she went to check on Jasper and laughed a bit when she saw the gem still hypnotized by what was on screen.

While Y/N sat in the bath, relaxing a bit, she heard the door open and saw Jasper walk in. "Since you're here, I'm guessing that the program ended?" Y/N inquired bemusedly.

Jasper grunted in reply and sat next to the bath tub to face Y/N, she had a hardened look on her face- as though she were in deep thought.

"So what do you need right now?" Y/N laughed lightheartedly, teasing Jasper for wearing such a serious face after seeing a fictional movie.

"I need to find the Beta Kindergarten," Jasper said out loud to herself.

"Hmm, Beta Kindergarten... I've never heard of such a place," Y/N said, "What do you need from there?" Y/N asked,  snapping Jasper out of concentration. An unreadable expression crossed Jasper's face, then it went back to a stoic poker face that was deep in thought once again. Y/N sighed, defeated by the inability to communicate with Jasper today, so she stood up and grabbed a towel to dry herself off.

'Just what was in that movie to make her like this...?' Y/N asked herself, and left the gem alone in the bathroom to think.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y'all I've been dead for a while