Apologies and Space

It's been about two whole hours since Y/N ran out of the house, and Jasper was still sitting on her bed, wondering what on Homeworld that feeling was. It made her heart race, like she was in an exciting battle, that's the only way she could describe it. She hadn't stopped pondering the feeling until she felt a pair of eyes staring at her, hoping it was Y/N she looked up, but she saw nothing but the small kitten staring at her. "Oh great, it's just you," Jasper felt somewhat disappointed.

But a sudden slam of the front door got her attention, "I'm home!" Y/N yelled. Jasper quickly stood up, but trying not to show excitement, paced slowly to the living room. The kitten on the other hand raced to Y/N, and she saw the human bend down and pick him up, "how are my troublemakers doing?" Y/N laughed and scratched the kit behind his ears.

"Oh shut it," Jasper muttered, Y/N looked at her and pouted.

"Don't be so mean! Anyways, while I was out, I got you guys this!" Y/N shook a plastic bag that was in her hand. She walked to the sofa and plopped down, setting the kit next to her. Opening the bag the first thing she brought out was a collar, she placed it onto the cats neck and looked at the name tag. "Perfect! Jasper look, I finally picked a name for him!" Jasper ignored her and stayed in her place, leaning against the frame of the hallway. "Hey, are you even listening?"

Jasper glanced briefly in Y/N's direction, "tch," she walked back into the hallway and into her own room.

"Jeez, how rude!" Y/N frowned and turned back to the kit, "so...what do you think of your new name tag, my little 'Tiger'" Y/N left the bag of items on the couch and picked the newly names kit up. As she neared her room Y/N stopped a moment to standout side of Jasper's door. 'Jeez...I've never met anyone like you...and I don't even know if it's a good or bad thing yet.' She frowned and walked to her own room, closing the door behind her.

Jasper heard Y/N's footsteps walk away from her door after an agonizingly long moment, it felt like hours until she made it to her own room, but in reality it was a mere few minutes. 'Damn, why was I acting so awful to her?' Jasper was frustrated, which only made her temper rise. "Argh!" She let out a huff of frustration and laid on her bed. 'Snap out of it!' The gem mentally started to lecture herself, all this uncertainty made her uneasy. After one long frustrating hour she heard Y/N's door open, and her footsteps could be heard, Jasper waited for Y/N to open her door and greet her with another silly comment but it didn't happen. Instead, they seemed to quicken when they passed her room, 'she's angry an me? Oh for fucks sake!' Jasper internally panicked. 'Maybe I should...apologize?' She groaned at the thought, but knew it would be the best thing to do.

The gem trudged out of the room and walked to the kitchen, where Y/N was cooking, her hair was damp from a recent shower and she was now in comfortable clothing. Jasper made sure she was heard by making her footsteps more audible and she waited to see if Y/N would notice her and say something. She saw Y/N look to her out of the corner of her eye, but then quickly turned away, 'yeah, she's mad...' Jasper sat on the sofa, making the plastic bag that Y/N had left make a small noise. The gem looked through the bag of contents and found a rather large ball of yarn, a small fake looking mouse, and a few more odd looking objects, but one thing that caught her eye was a small silver looking ball that made a small jingle when shook. She shook it several times and rolled it around in her hand, Y/N giggled as she watched Jasper but looked away when the gem looked to her.

Setting the round item down, she made her way to Y/N, standing in her way to make sure she couldn't escape. "Uhh, hey...Y/N" Jasper stuttered a bit and scratched the back of her head, "I just wanted to...apologize...for being snappy today." Jasper stood for a few seconds, waiting for a reaction from Y/N, but time seemed to slow down when she was with this human. Jasper's cheeks grew a few shades darker and she started to walk away from Y/N, without waiting for her reaction.

Jasper raced to her room and laid on her bed, 'why am I so...scared?' Jasper thought, 'it's just a human, I shouldn't care if they forgive me or not...' But Jasper still felt consumed at the thought of Y/N not forgiving her, she was so distracted by her own thoughts that she didn't hear a faint jingle from her opened door. She had only noticed a presence when the weight of the bed shifted, Jasper realized it was Y/N sitting on the bed with her and froze. 'Oh no,' she didn't move from her spot and waited for all of hell to break loose.

But instead, there was a soft tug on a few strands of her long hair, Jasper looked to see Y/N braiding her hair. The gem tightened up and saw Y/N smile softly, "you thought I was angry, huh?" Jasper didn't speak, "I'm taking that as a yes." Y/N laughed airily and when Jasper saw this, she relaxed. "Were you scared too?" The gem rolled her eyes, "oh right, gem warriors never get scared, huh?" Y/N continued to braid, and there was a small silence. "I wasn't angry you know, I just thought you needed some space away from me, I know I can get a little annoying." Y/N didn't smile this time, instead her eyes glimmered and she shook a bit, trying to hold back from crying.

Jasper sat up and pulled her partially braided hair from Y/N's shaking fingers, "Jeez, I never said you were annoying," Jasper grasped Y/N's hand and looked away from her as she started to blush. But out of the corner of her eye she saw the human smile again, relieved, Jasper looked to Y/N. But before Jasper could say anything again a loud beeping noise came from the kitchen.

"The smoke detector!" Y/N squealed, racing to the kitchen. Jasper sighed, lying back down on her bed, and as she did she heard a faint jingle. Looking around, the gem frantically started to search for the interesting item, and when she found it she nearly shouted.

"Hey squirt!" She heard a faint laugh from the kitchen as she shouted, oh she found the source of the noise all right, it came from the braid Y/N put in her hair. 'That damn human put this shitting thing in my hair!' Jasper stood up and stomped to the kitchen, "I changed my mind, brat! You're annoying as hell!"

Y/N just laughed mischievously, "at least you can't sneak up on me anymore," Jasper groaned and tried to pull the bell from her tangled hair. 'Damn humans!'

____________________________________________________________

Soooo, how was the chapter?? :3

I honestly don't know, I just followed the the funky flow~