Small Talk

Y/N and Jasper sat and ate dinner at around 5pm and it was getting quite late, and quickly. Y/N started cleaning up the mess that Jasper had made, neither her not Jasper could think of any names for her cat yet, so they decided to think one later. The silence was awkward so Y/N step armed talking, "so...Jasper, where do you come from?"

Jasper was a bit suspicious, "why do you wanna know?"

"I'm just trying to pass the time with a little bit of small talk, now answer the question!" Y/N said impatiently, she wasn't one who was patient when she was bored.

"Okay jeez, I'm from a place called Homeworld," Jasper huffed, she laid on the ground near the kitten.

"Homeworld, huh?" Y/N didn't look up from the dishes she was washing, "whats it like there?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?" Jasper sneered, she grew more enthusiastic as she talked about her home, "our technology is way more advanced than your human tech, there are gems there nearly as strong as I am!" She looked to see Y/N stare at her with great interest, her eyes seemed to gleam with excitement. Jasper mumbled,"but just nearly, no way can any gem ever be stronger than me...and fusions don't count!"

Y/N didn't seem to hear that part, but she still seemed to be interested in Jasper's words, "wow! I wish I could see that place one day!"

"What? Homeworld?!" Jasper scoffed, "theres no way YOU can ever go, you're a HUMAN!"

Y/N pouted a bit, "what's up with you and you're hatred for us? What'd we do that was so bad?" Y/N turned back to the sink, wiping it down.

Jasper sighed, "well, it's not that you did anything bad, but it's just that you're all so weak."

"Hmp, whatever," Y/N was leaning on the island on the middle of kitchen, "So if you hate earth so much, why are you here?"

"I'm here as an escort for another gem who was gathering information from some experiment shes been doing, none of my business what's she's doing though." Jasper hadn't looked to Y/N as she answered, what she had said wasn't completely true but she felt compelled to actually tell Y/N everything she knew.

"Sure..." Y/N said, "anyways, I need to get a place ready for you to sleep here."

"Sleep?" Jasper asked.

"Yeah...sleep, you know, the thing you do when you need rest," Y/N said, looking at the gem as if she grew a pair of antlers right in front of her. She had hung out with Steven before and he explained a few of the gem qualities that all gems share, but one of them hadn't been that they DIDNT know what sleep was.

"I'm a gem warrior, I don't need to do things like this...'sleep'" Jasper shouted.

Y/N rolled her eyes and walked over to Jasper, "it hasn't even been a full day since you regenerated, you need to at least relax comfortably." Then she picked up the little cat and looked to Jasper, "c'mon." Jasper followed her into the hall way and Y/N stopped in front of a door, she opened it and motioned for Jasper to come in, "This is the guest room, you're sleeping here." Y/N said, she walked over to the bed, "this is where you sleep, an-"

"I get it, I get it, I'm not stupid," Jasper complained, Y/N nodded and laughed.

"Yep! Anyways, I'm going to get ready for bed, once I'm done I'll be right back," Y/N said, she gently tossed the cat to the ground, "so while I'm at it, you get to watch him." And before Jasper could protest, Y/N was already out of sight.

"Jeez, this ain't mine, why do I gotta watch it?" Jasper muttered, she sat on the bad and observed the car from afar, she wasn't sure how to interact with the thing so they simply sat and stared at each other until Y/N came back with her hair wrapped in a towel.

"Wow, was this all you two were doing while I was in the shower?" Y/N asked.

Jasper broke out of her trance as Y/N picked the cat up. "Huh? Kinda...I was bored."

"Well I guess I'll need to be getting toys for the both of you to entertain yourselves tomorrow," Y/N laughed, "anyways-" Y/N yawned, "I'm going to bed, it's getting really late, goodnight Jasper." Without looking back, Y/N walked to her own room with her cat.

And Jasper simply looked at the doorframe where Y/N stood seconds ago, for some reason, she already started to feel a bit lonely. But she pushed the feeling aside and laid on the bed, "now to try out this...'sleep.'" She muttered to herself.

____________________________________________________________

Sooooo, how'd you like the chapter?? 😏

(thank you for your opinions, I've decided to make a book with my art, don't know when I'll publish it tho)