One More Thing...Another Lie

Y/N knocked on the door, she heard the little patter of footsteps and saw Steven quickly appear at the door, "Y/N!" He smiled and opened the door for her, then he jumped up to hug her. "You're okay!"

Y/N laughed softly, "of course Steven, I called earlier, remember?"

"Oh yeah..." Steven smiled, he jumped down and pulled her hand so she could come inside, "did you find what you were looking for yesterday, Y/N?"

Y/N froze, she didn't expect Steven to remember her saying that she saw someone in the storm the other day. She panicked a bit and stuttered, "O-oh, i-it was just a...uhh, a kitten!" She smiled at Steven, "it was a kitten!"

"Really?! Is it okay?" Steven asked.

"Yeah, it was fine! I brought it home and gave it something to eat," the lie came out more smoothly, "it didn't have a collar so I decided to keep it, I'm sure it was just a stray."

"Aww, can I see it sometime?" Steven asked. Y/N froze, she didn't expect Steven to want to see it.

"Uhh, sure thing Steven," Y/N thought of a quick escape plan, "anyways, I gotta go, my-uhh, kitten. It's waiting for me at home!!" She quickly walked towards the door.

"So soon?" Steven pouted.

"I'm sorry Steven, but having a pet is a big responsibility," Y/N said, she bent down to his eye level, "I'll try to clear up my schedule and make sure to visit you for a bit longer, okay?"

Steven nodded, "okaay!" He smiled again.

Y/N smiled and stood up, she walked to the door and waved, "bye!" She walked away as she saw Steven wave to her as well.

~le time skip~

Y/N walked around Beach City and grumbled, but she finally saw it, the pet shelter. She felt guilty for telling Steven that she found a cat, but she couldn't bring herself to say that she found a gem at the beach. She felt as though she had to protect Jasper. So for now, she decided to make her white lie become the truth. Y/N decided to get a kitten, she was excited, taking care of another life form...other than Jasper. She felt as though taking care of Jasper was going to be MUCH more harder than taking care of a kitten though.

"Oh well," Y/N muttered, "I brought this onto myself." She walked up to a volunteer at the center, "Excuse me, I would like to adopt a kitten today."

"Of course, right this way ma'am," the volunteer smiled.

(Idk how people actually adopt pets, ok? Ok, sorry if this is inaccurate.)

Y/N followed the man and walked past a large row of cages, she couldn't wait to pick out her new pet.

____________________________________________________________

Noooooooo, another short, awful chapter, I'm sorry my lovely human beans ;^;

I hope ur day was as nice as Nicki's booty 💖