You Better be Okay Booker DeWitt/Reader

She felt so much. So much pain, and guilt. So many emotions she wasn't familiar with.

She knew she had to focus on what she did understand; and that was that her side hurt like hell. So much had happened in the past three days. She lived a normal life. Well, as normal as living in the sky could be. She had once lived in the, "Sodum Below," but for the past year she had taken to the city in the sky. Columbia.

It was a joy living there, until he showed up.

His looks were enough to overwhelm her. Then she talked to the middle aged man; and she loved to hear him talk in his gruff voice.

Little did she know he was the, "False Shepard," and she would be attacked for associating with him.

It was a wild ride getting chased constantly by local law enforcement. It was a thrill she never felt before, and having a handsome man run along side her was fun as well. But, for different reasons.

She was brought to the pain in her side as she winced through gritted teeth due to her applying pressure to the wound. She looked to her left to see blood pouring out of her. She stopped, and stared. Of course, she had seen blood before, but to see it coming out of your side in tremendous amounts is concerning.

She let out a small cry, grabbing the attention of the False Shepherd himself. He looked over his right shoulder expecting to see her completely fine. He had a rude awakening.

He saw her start to kneel on the ground scared, and shaky. He had been hurt multiple times. He was used to it, it didn't bother him. But to see her hurt...broke something inside of him, and he too felt hurt.

He ran to her side quickly pulling out a first-aid kit. He gently laid her down and began to work nimbly on the wound in her side. Fear was what he felt, but he refused to show it in his facial expressions. His shaking hands showed what his face did not.

The wound was swiftly closed, but the False Shepherd Booker was still fearful. Doubt clouded his mind. He doubted her safety, and his handy work on her side.

After minutes of doubt, and self hate. Booker saw her slowly sit up. Her form still somewhat shaky. He moved closer to her, and gently wrapped his arms around her, minding her side.

Her then stood up and offered her, his hand. She took it, and she too rose to her feet much slower than he.

He walked away, turned towards her, and said, "[Y/N], you get hurt like that one more time, and you're dead..by my hand. Got it?" She laughed slightly when she saw the small grin plastered on his face.

His girl was going to be fine.