Chapter 33 : Fights, flights, and nightmares

Chapter 33

Later...

Jeff POV

"Have a good flight back," Nick said, hugging me in the airport parking lot. 

"Thanks... I'm going to miss you so much, Nicky!"

"I'm going to miss you too. But you can text me."

"Ok..."

We finally broke apart from our hug. 

"Bye, Nicky."

"Bye, Jeff."

I grabbed my suitcase and followed Riker into the airport. He wasn't exactly talking to me anymore, and I don't know why. Something's weird with him.

We found our seats. Riker made me sit on the inside. He wouldn't look at me or anything. He just had this weird look on his face.

"Riker, are you alright?" I asked, quietly.

"I don't want to talk about it, ok?"

"Ok..."

The plane took off, and we were officially on our way home. 

Later...

Jeff POV

"Riker, please talk to me," I said, hugging his arm.

"There's nothing to talk about."

"Why are you mad at me?"

"I'm not mad at you."

"Then what's wrong!?"

"Get off me, and stop talking to me," he said, yanking his arm from my grip.

I curled up in my seat, and stared out the window, trying not to cry. He won't tell me what's wrong, and I don't know what to do to make him better.

Later...

Rydel POV

"Riker just pulled in. They're back," Ross said, looking out the window.

Riker and Jeff walked in the front door.

"How was the trip?" Mom asked.

Both boys silently walked past her, and went upstairs. We all just looked at each other, confused.

"Something probably happened," I said, quietly.

"Rydel, can you go make sure they're ok?" Mom asked.

"Sure."

I went upstairs to their bedroom. Riker was unpacking his suitcase. Jeff was just sitting on his bed, looking sort of guilty.

"How was the trip?" I asked, standing in the doorway.

"Can you please leave? I'm kind of in the middle of something right now," Riker said, not looking at me.

"Riker, you're unpacking a suitcase," I said, slightly annoyed.

"I'm busy, Rydel!" He shouted.

"Fine. Jeff, how was the trip?"

He wouldn't answer me either. He just sat on his bed, leaning against the wall, with his knees pulled to his chest. He wouldn't look up at me.

"What happened between you two?" I asked.

"Nothing happened," Riker said, putting his clothes away.

"Something obviously happened. You're mad."