Chapter 28 : Nick and Ohio

A/N : I know I updated a lot today... But I didn't have school today, and I had nothing better to do so... This happened...

Chapter 28

Later...

Jeff POV

I crawled into bed right next to Riker, looking for comfort. 

"Hey, hey, hey. I thought we had a deal. I think I get to see some bruises now."

"No," I whined, burying my face in Riker's side.

"Yes," Riker said, mocking my tone.

"Riker..."

He grabbed the bottom of my shirt, and managed to get it over my head. And then he gasped.

"Oh my god, Jeff..."

"It's bad, isn't it?"

"Yeah... It's..."

Riker sighed, obviously at a loss for words.

"It hurts," I said, quietly.

"Yeah, I can imagine... There are bruises all over..."

"They're on my legs too..."

I slid off my pajama pants for Riker to see. His eyes were scanning my body up and down, and I was beginning to feel really self conscious. I curled in on myself, but Riker pulled me next to him instead, so I curled into his side.

"You ok?" Riker asked.

"Everything just feels sore, and I'm tired. What's going to happen tomorrow with Sophia!?"

"Hey. Calm down. I don't want you getting all worked up again. I'll be there, and I'm going to protect you, ok? She won't hurt you. I won't let her."

I sighed, and wrapped my arms around Riker. He wrapped his arms around me too, making me feel a little better.

"You'll be ok. I promise, you will. Don't worry..."

"I want to go to sleep..."

"Fine. Put your pjs back on first though."

I sat up, and pulled on my shirt and pants again. I curled up next to Riker, and fell asleep.

The next day...

Riker POV

Jeff had been quiet all day. He was sitting next to me in the senior lounge, and he was constantly on his phone, texting someone. I was wondering if that someone was Sophia.

"Jeff?"

"Mmmm?"

"Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Who are you texting? Is Sophia threatening you?"

"No... I found Nick's phone number last night, and I thought I'd text him..."

"Who's Nick?"

"He was my roommate at my school."

"Did he bully you?"

"No. I didn't have bullies at that school. So... Let me explain... I went to this old high school and I got bullied, so then I got transferred to Dalton Academy, and they have a zero tolerance bullying policy. And Nick was my roommate. I told him what was happening to me, and before I left, he gave me his number so I could tell him if I was getting hurt here, and he said I could tell him, and he'd call the cops."