Chapter ten

I'm home, I send Lily as Max pulls into the driveway. He puts the car in park, and we get out. After I get out, Daisy hops out and runs to the door.

Max and I walk into the living room. As we sit down in the living room, Max pulls out the bag of dog treats we got at the store. He also gets the dog tag out of the bag.

As if right on cue, Daisy comes running into the room.

Max gives me the tag. "You should put it on," he says.

Daisy jumps onto my lap and I put the dog tag on her collar. After the dog tag is hooked on she jumps off my lap and goes over to Lily.

"Well, I guess we'll be going now," Zach says standing up.

"Yeah thanks for stopping by," Lily replies, "bye."

I give Max and Zach a small wave goodbye as Lily walks them out the door.

After they leave, Lily goes to work so I'm home alone. I don't do very much when I'm home alone. Normally I just read a book, or find something to pass the time.

A few hours later and Lily returns. She tells me how her day went, and then attempts to get me to talk. Unsurprisingly, she fails yet again.

The rest of the evening is the same as any other day.
-----

I'm awoken yet again to the annoyance coming from the alarm clock. Oh boy, here comes another boring day, I think to myself.

I go to the bathroom to wash my face. After getting dressed, I walk downstairs to make breakfast. I take some cereal out, and pour it into a bowl, then I add some milk to the dry cereal.

When I finish with my cereal, I put my shoes on and sling my bag over my shoulder to leave for school.

When I go outside, I see a car pulling into my driveway. The driver puts down the window. I notice it's Max. "Hey!" he calls. "Get in!"

I roll my eyes but accept the offer to get in the car.

He drives us to school, not attempting to make conversation at all. When he parks the car, he says, "Here. After school. For the rest of the week. I'm driving you. The weather is suppose to cool off a lot and it's best you just get a ride."

And what if I say no?

"I won't let you," he says. Why does he have to be so stubborn?

"Please, let me do this," he begs.

I have rides in the morning. It's just Lily woke up not feeling good this morning. She stayed home today.

"OK, let's comprise a little. Lily can drive you to school, and I'll drive you home."

There's no other option is there?

"Nope," he says popping the P, "and if Lily stays home again this week, then you text me and I'll pick you up."

After getting out of his car, we start walking to the school and I don't even notice when he puts my hand in his. When we get in the school, we both part ways and go to our lockers. I gather some things needed for my first couple of classes, then I find a quiet place to read.