chapter seven

As I smile at Max, I hear a commotion from behind me. I turn around. It's Lily's ex-boyfriend, Brad, and Audrey. Audrey is pulling Brad behind her. When she finally reaches me and Max on the dance floor, she gets all up in my face. "What do you think you're doing dancing in my spot?" she asks very loudly.

"That was the last song of the night. You could have been here literally 2 hours ago," Max says a little frustrated.

"Whatever, you're just a loser hanging out with the mute girl," she says pathetically.

This is enough to fuel Max. He starts taking deep breaths. Luckily for us, my sister,along with Zach, is just in earshot of this and start coming in our defense.

"Audrey, leave my sister alone." Lily says to her, accenting every word in the sentence.

"THIS is your sister? I guess the apple just gets more and more rotten as it goes down the tree" she replies rudely then steps back a second to observe Lily and me. "Hmm I guess I do see a resemblance now that I actually look at the two of you."

"And since you're the ugly little thing Brad dumped for me," Audrey continues, "you know why I'm here. Or have you forgotten that Brad always takes his girlfriend to dance right in the middle of the dance floor?"

Lily just smirks at her. "I broke up with Brad. And I would suggest NOT to believe any other lies Brad tells you." Lily says.

"Whatever. You're just as defective as your sister. Now tell her to get out of the way."

"No I don't think so. I'm not going to allow you to make my sister move. She was here first fair and square," she states.

Audrey lunged at Lily and starts a sissy fight. Max and I look at each other and take a step back.

"Hey what on earth is going on here? Stop fighting like kindergartners," A voice from behind me says.

The two girls separate and begin talking at once.

"This is a dance and you're suppose to have fun at these, not fight over whatever you were fighting about," Zach starts, "Now one of you explain to me what happened."

"Why does this matter to you, camera geek?" Audrey asks meanly.

"She! Was being a sassy pants to Rose and Max. More so Rose than Max, but still Max, too" Lily shouts on the verge of tears.

"Woah," Audrey starts mid-laugh, "not only does she look like a kindergartner, but she acts like one too. Do we need to send you back to Kindergarten?" she asks Lily like she would a young child.

"Stop talking to my friends like this," Zach says, then he got a smug look on his face, "or do I need to tell Brad here what happened just yesterday between us?" he asks smugly

Audrey's face immediately becomes horrified. "You wouldn't," she says through gritted teeth.

Brad looks over at Audrey with a confused look on his face.

"Oh, I would. Right here. Right now. This can be our little secret if you just go on and leave me and my friends alone."

Zach and Audrey have a stare off contest until her eyes start to water and so she says, "Come on, Brad, why are we wasting our time here? The dance is over. Lets go get food." The two of them walk away to leave.

What happened yesterday? I wonder.

As the two of them leave, Lily has calmed down and speaks up, "Sorry guys I hope she wasn't too much of a jerk. She's one of the most popular girls in my class," she says apologetically.