Chapter four ~EDITED~

I go to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. I go back to my room after that and try to decide what to wear; I end up setting on yoga pants and a black and white striped shirt. After I finish getting dressed, I go downstairs and make breakfast; I get out the milk, a box of cereal, a bowl, and a spoon. It doesn't take me that long to get it ready and eat it.

I put my dirty dishes in the sink before putting my shoes on and slinging my bag over my shoulder to leave for school. The walk there was uneventful and quick.

As I arrive, the first place I go is my locker to out my backpack away and grab things for my first class. After that I go back outside to a near by tree and pull out my book. I begin reading when all of a sudden Max sits by me.

"Hey," he says.

I wave back to him.

"Hey, Max," I hear someone call. I look up to see that it's that one guy who never stops bullying me about the fact I don't talk. Max walks away and goes to talk to him.

"Hey Mason," He friendly replies .

"You should come to the dance with our squad," Mason invites him.

"Is anyone in the squad bringing a date?" Max asks.

I hide my face and blush at date.

"Not that I know of," Mason replies.

"Well then, unlike the four of you, I have one," Max says to Mason, slightly bragging.

"You have a date?" Mason asks half laughing.

"Yeah," Max replies plainly. "Can she join us?"

"Depends, who'd you ask?" Mason asks Max, and a part of me hopes Max doesn't tell him he asked me.

"Rose." Max nods at me, and Mason's face instantly twisted into a look of disgust.

"That mute freak?" The emphasis on mute made me hang my head in shame; he makes it sound like a bad thing.

"Why does it matter?" Max asks angrily, " And by the way 'that mute girl' has a name. It's Rose.

"It matters because I don't wanna be seen hanging out with you and that mute girl at a dance." He spats out before turning on his heel and leaving.

Mason walks away, and Max comes back.

I grab a piece of paper and write You don't have to defend me. I'm use to this.

"I know, but one doesn't deserve to be bullied," he says softly.

When I'm with you I have this odd feeling in me. This feeling is strange. I've never experienced it before. Except for the times I'm with you... I decide this note is unreasonable and crumple it up. Max doesn't need to know all of my feelings. I toss the crumpled piece of paper into a near by garbage, but it misses and Max leans over to grab it. He smooths it out and read it. What an invasion on my privacy.

"I know what that feeling is, and please can you please tell me what happened?" He asks.

No I'm sorry I'm not ready. But I have a question for you.

"Ask away," he says.

Are you serious about bringing me as your date? I don't want to stop your friends from hanging out with you...

He smiles and says, "Yes I am."

I put my notebook and book away before getting up and heading towards the school entrance. I look back to make sure Max isn't following me, but he isn't anywhere to be seen.