chapter three ~EDITED~

"How'd you sleep?" Lily asks me as she sets a plate of pancakes in front of me.

I don't have anything to write my response on so I run upstairs, grab my notebook, and come back downstairs.

Fine I guess. I take bite of my pancake.

"What did you do yesterday after I left?" She asks.

Just went for a walk and cleared my head.

"Oh? Did you take the dog with you?" Lily asks me as I take a bite from my bacon.

Yeah. I answer but leave the part about Max out. I don't want her to get her hopes up about me making a friend.

We finish our breakfast in a comfortable silence then Lily asks if I want to watch a movie. We move from the kitchen to the dining room, then she asks what movie I want to watch.

I just finished reading Allegiant, wanna watch that? The book was really good.

"Sure," she says pulling up Netflix, "You know this really isn't that bad, why haven't we done this, in like, forever?"

I don't know we really should do this more. Start the movie already. I tell her once she found the movie in the 'What's Trending' section

"Okay okay," she says selecting the movie.

Two long and torturous hours later, the movie finally ends. It was nowhere as good as the book, but Lily loved it so my mouth stays shut.

"That was fun." Lily smiles as the credits roll. "Wanna go to the mall?"

Sure. I tell her.

Want to invite a friend? I ask her before we leave the house.

"Nah. It's been forever since we've been shopping at the mall together. Just the two of us is fine," she replies.

We arrive at the mall an hour or so later, and Lily immediately drags me to her favorite clothing store JCPenneys after walking past a couple different racks of clothes, we reach the dress section.

"Just look around and grab any you like." Lily tells me before going to the nearest rack of dresses.

I do as I was told and look through the dresses but couldn't find one I like until I came across this pretty faded pink strapless dress, so I grab one in my size and walk back to where Lily was holding a dark blue dress.

"I see you found something," she says and I nod. "Let's go try these on."

As we walk to the fitting room, Lily starts talking about how our school's homecoming is coming up. "You should go," she suggests.

I feel my face slowly turn into an uncertain one as I think about Lily's suggestion. Should I go? Would I hang out with Lily and her friends? I don't know, so I decide not answering was the best response.

"You're coming," she orders, then quickly assures me, "It may take a while to adjust to everyone, but I promise you'll have fun."

I roll my eyes knowing nothing I try will make her stop trying to get me to go.

"Come on let's go pay for these dresses," she says happily.

After we pay, I start walking toward the door we came in, but my sister stops me.

"Hey where are you going? We still have to get shoes," she says in a pleasant tone.

I let Lily lead me out of the store, and into the busy walkways. We go down the elevator and walk a simple path to a shoe store. As you can probably tell by now, I'm not really a 'let's go to the malls' type girl.