Chapter 6

*Luke POV*

"Guys, I don't know what to do!"

I invited my best friends Jai and James over to help me with this Cassidy situation.

Jai and I have been friends since we were little. Some people always say that we look a like, but I don't see it. Our parents were friends in highschool and when they had us, we were bond to be friends. He is more like a brother to me. He is always there for me when I need him and he has a killer taste in music. We sit in my basement for hours just jamming out.

Jai was the one who introduced me to James. My favourite memory with James was when we went to this party and he got completely wasted. So wasted that he climbed onto the table, pulled down his pants and shouted 'Daniel's mum's titties'. The funniest part of that was that Daniel is his cousin and he was there when it happened. He was basically shouting, My aunt's titties.

Daniel is another story. We do not really hang out. I just see him as James' annoying cousin. Plus he has this sidekick, Beau.

Beau gets on my nerves all the time. He tries to be funny when he's not and he always thinks he's better than everyone else. I try to stay away from him as much as possible.

The last time Beau and I were together it got out of hand. He kept getting way too close to Anastasia. Being the protective and insecure person I am, I just punched him in the face. No questions asked.

Anyway, Jai and James are always there for me when I have girl troubles. Ever since Cassidy gave me her number I haven't used it. I just didn't know what do say. Stupid me, I forgot to give her my number.

"Earth to Luke," Jai was waving his hand in front of my face.

"Sorry, I was just thinking about Cassidy again," I apologized.

"Dude, just call her," Jai said.

"Yeah, what's the worst that could happen?" James asked.

At that moment, all the worst possible scenarios came into my head.

What if she doesn't want anything to do with me? What if she thinks I'm a stalker? What if she doesn't want to date me?

The never ending 'what if' questions always appear.

"Luke snap out of it," shouted James.

"I'm sorry guys. I just can't stop thinking about her. I don't want to mess it up. I already dated her rival. I am not off to a good start."

"What if I sent her a text. I am great at talking to girls," Jai suggested.

"And what would you say?" James asking the very question in my mind.

"Something like, 'Hey, it's Luke. I forgot to give you my number, so now you have it.' Maybe adding a winking face to indicate a little flirtation. You have to get right to the point, be forward with her."

"Sounds like we got a Romeo on our hands here." The amount of sass coming from James was so real.

"You guys are no help. Any one hungry?"

"Duh!" Jai and James being in sync.

"Okay I'll go put a pizza in the oven," I said, as I headed downstairs towards the kitchen.

...

"That was amazing. Thanks Luke," James complimented.

"Yeah, thanks."

"No problem guys."

After we devoured two large pizzas, we decided to play FIFA. When it comes to us boys we get really competitive. James is the worst out of the three of us, so it was just down to me and Jai. He got bored of just watching me and Jai play so he went home.

"Jai, stop cheating!"

"I'm not cheating. You just suck at video games," he retaliated.

"At least I don't spend all of my time playing online."

"Coming from the one who can't even text a girl first."

"Take that back!"

"What are you going to do?"

Jan loved to push my buttons and it was working. But I wasn't going to let him get the best of me. I'll just have to kick his butt virtually.

"Bro, I'm just kidding," Jai said with a smile.

"Don't worry. I'll just kick your ass in FIFA." I challenged.

"Oh, you are on!"

The best thing about being a guy is that we get over this so fast. Between guys once something is said it is forgotten. That's why things are so complicated with girls. They keep grudges.

Take Cassidy and Ana for example. What happened between them was three years ago. I don't even know the whole story. Just Ana's side, which I am starting not to believe.

"Hey, what time is it. I have to get home?" Jai asked.

I reached for my phone to check the time. I quickly slid my finger across the unlock bar. I never keep a password on my phone because I forget all the time.

When the unlock screen disappeared, my messages were opened. I don't remember sending any texts. I look at the first message at the top...wait that can't be right!

At the top read her name. I clicked open the conversation and began to read it. There was only one text sent.

To Cassidy:

Hey, its Luke! Let's skip the bullshit. Do you want to hook up?

My anger immediately went from a zero to a hundred in seconds. I was furious. I can't believe my friends did that to me. Fuck the shit about getting over something. This is unforgiving. The betrayed me and my privacy.

As my eyes continue to scan the message, I realize that she hasn't read it yet. Phew! It was sent at 10pm LA time. She must of been asleep already. Thank god for timezone. Probably the only time I will ever say that.

But Jai is not off the hook. They must of done it when I went to go make the pizza. Bastards!

"How dare you go through my fucking phone and text Cassidy of all people!!! I thought you were my friend!"

"Chill, it wasn't even my idea. James thought you needed a little push. Plus, it is kind of funny." Jai couldn't hide the smile on his face.

"You know what? Fuck you and fuck James. You had not fucking right to do that you cunt!" My breathing is out of control at this point.

"Get the fuck out of my house! Don't talk to me. You're such a prick!"

"It was just a joke. Calm you tits, hut if you want me to go then fine."

I need to fix this fast.

(Please vote, comment, and share :) Hope you are enjoying it!)

Twitter: jai_luke_

Akaylah: dat-fandom-girl.tumblr.com

Sara: 2bands-4aussies-4brits-1irish.tumblr.com