The broad woman stared down at the black large eyes which held her own. Curly thick lashes edged her piercing yet curiously sweet eyes. The child was a pale angel. Her hair was a strange dark color held in two low pony tails hanging at her shoulders, which seemed to the woman to be leaning blue. The woman thought the steel thick headband was a bit strange, but she was distracted by the child's face. Her small lips were a pale pink, curling into a cute smile.

The woman smiled back at the little girl. She pinched her soft cheeks in her long-nailed fingers.

"Did he darling? Well that just can't be true! Such a beautiful young lady wouldn't!"

Virg caught sight first. Then Rine. They were sweating abnormally. Rine laughed nervously, patting Cyan's head.

"I-isn't she just the sweetest thing? Now honey--you can sit on my lap." Rine stuttered as she reached for the girl.

Cyan bent away.

"I don't want to sit on your lap." She said, frowning.

"Now now honey, come here." Virg spoke, smiling nervously at the woman watching Cyan.

Now if she could only keep her hands behind her back, thought Virg.

"No! I want to go play with my friend!" Declared Cyan, stomping her foot and looking up at her parents, bewildered by their strange behavior.

"Oh?" Spoke the woman. "Such a short time here--you already have a friend?"

Rine jumped closer to the woman, laughing.

"The imagination on this girl!" Rine cried desperately, hurriedly hiding her mouth from Cyan and lifting a brow at the woman. "Her imaginary friend."

The woman understood, nodding her head. She chuckled.

"That's very nice Cyan. You can go play now."

Rine and Virg were beginning to see a glimmer of hope.

"Do you want to see him? He wants to see you!" Cyan laughed.

Cyan just smiled, unaware of the broken hope under her foot.

Virg and Rine shot up from their seats. Virg frowned down at his watch. While Rine grabbed at Cyan.

"Woo! Oh my--we're leaving." Virg yelled.

But Cyan was not.

"It's alright darling. You don't have to show me your frie--" The woman smiled.

To her parents' horror, Cyan lifted her hands and brought it up onto the desk, releasing it with wide, adorable smile.

There was deathly silence. The air caught in her parents' throats, she grinned as her friend hissed. He writhed and slithered closer, lunging up at the woman's nose.

The snake sank it's fangs into her skin.

Rine jerked her child up into her arms, already being pulled along by Virg. They rushed down the stairs and outside as the woman shrieked.

Cyan in Avalonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें