Cryo

Author's Note: Bucky's dream is about what could have happened if he didn't fall off the train. Just to avoid any confusion :)

Bucky's POV:

I watch proudly as Steve walks up the isle of the hall to receive his medal of honour for saving America from the Red Skull. I clapped my hands together in appreciation as the tall, broad backed, blonde haired man that I still call my little brother kneels down before the mayor and is handed his pin.

I wonder what it would have been like if we hadn't managed to get the coordinates of that plane to Peggy. Luckily I had been trained in understanding that kind of stuff for the army and I was able to tell them our whereabouts so that they could come find us easily. Amazingly, we survived. I don't know how we survived the cold let alone the impact. But they found us before we froze to death.

A broad smile pulls at my lips and I hold a hand out for Steve to high five as he strolls back down the isle-

Suddenly I am aware of a bright white light shining through my eyelids and of how cold I am. It's like just like that, all of my senses have been awakened. I can consciously think and hear sharp murmurs coming from somewhere around me but I can't pin point where. I want to know and see what is going on but I physically can't move. What is going on? All of a sudden the skin of my arm tingles as something comes into contact with it and although it is a shock and my instinct in my head is to flinch away, I'm not able to.
"His body is coming close to reaching regular core temperature." A serious voice with a thick accent that I can't place says, but it sounds like they are under water.
What? I think.
I'm taken by surprise when I feel another warm hand, this time against my neck. The stark contrast between the icy cold I feel and the natural heat from the hand makes me feel like I'm getting goose bumps, although I'm not sure if I actually do.
"His pulse is rising now." The same voice said more clearly
What's happening? I think to myself.
"We should be able to remove him from the cryo chamber in just a few minutes." They say again.
Oh that's right. I think. I've been frozen.