Unexpected

You trembled as you held the little stick in your hand that you had just peed on. This wasn't suppost to happen, at least it wasn't what you ever planned on happening. You only ever wanted two. But the same signs were all there. Sure enough after the few minutes that you were waiting, the stick beeped and you looked down to see a positive sign. Yep. You were pregnant. Again.

Well this was unexpected. You dropped the little stick and gasped. A mixture of emotions flooded through you. On one hand you were slightly annoyed and confused because sure, you never thought of having three children in your life and on top of that it hadn't even been a year since Blue, your second child had been born, but then on the other hand you felt delighted and excited, over the moon even. You couldn't wait to tell Bucky, even though he always agreed with you on two you knew that he secretly wanted more, he loved Summer and Blue so much.

Time Skip: To after an ultrasound.

Bucky had practically leapt up the stairs to yours and his apartment hooting and hollering in excitement. It had been fairly quiet on the walk home while he let you think things over but you could tell from the way that he kept looking at you happily and how his mouth kept twitching up into a smile how excited he was. You on the other hand, well right now you just didn't know what to think.

He swung the door open and sprung over to the couch where he plopped himself down. As you shut the door and walked in slowly behind him he patted the space next to him for you to sit there and looked at you with a goofy, lopsided grin. You took the seat, exhausted, and huffed.
"Well?" He asked happily. "What do you think babe? Twins aye? Isn't that great!"
"I don't know Buck." You sighed and looked up at him from where you had been staring at your lap.
"What do you mean? It's just two more kids, nothing we haven't experienced before." He shrugged confused and wrapped an arm around you.
"Exactly, two more. That's double the amount that we already have Bucky!" You explained exasperatedly. "How or we ever gonna cope? Blue was such a bad pregnancy, what if something goes wrong with this one too? There's two of them in there this time! And besides, you can't blame me for having mixed emotions when I never expected three, let alone four kids."
His face fell a little and he pulled away from you as he began to look really upset.
"You mean, you don't want them?" He mumbled sadly.
"No no! Don't get me wrong! I really do! I'm so excited and I can't wait to meet them and I know your gonna be an amazing Dad to them too. But its big news. And its all just, come as a bit of a shock." You exclaimed.

His face broke into a small, tired looking smile and he nodded understandingly.
"It's okay. I get where your coming from. This really us unexpected. I'm sorry, I should understand. Your the one that's carrying them, of course it's going to be harder for you." He said comforting and pulled you back in beside him. "But don't worry. We can do this. Your an amazing mother and I think I'm a pretty alright father." You gave him an amused look and saw the smirk teasing his lips. "And besides, it's not like we can't afford to look after four kids, we have enough space for them in this place with the extra bedroom. No matter how tough this pregnancy is I will be right here helping you along the wat, but you never know, it might be smooth sailing. Plus, we have a whole heap of eager babysitters waiting back at The Avengers Tower if we ever need them."
You smiled as you sunk into Bucky's chest and vegan to feel a whole lot better after what he had just said.
"Your right James. We will be just fine." You sighed.
"I love you Kelly." He smiled and planted a kiss on the top of your forehead.