Sniper

Things had been different these past few weeks, ever since the shooting. At first, when Nat had been shot it was thought that it was just unfortunate and someone had had a vendetta against her. But then two days later, when Tony was shot in the exact same place just outside the Avengers Tower as he was leaving to run some errands it was clear that it was more than just a one time thing. With two of the key Avengers now in the recovery room of the infirmary of the Avengers Tower, one with another hole in her shoulder and one with a hole in his stomach, in one week, everyone was on high alert. But then it got even worse. Security made the mistake of keeping watch just over the Avengers, little did they know that the mysterious sniper was targeting anyone and everyone who walked out of the building because when a no name agent left the building a week later, he was shot too. It seemed that the sniper didn't hang around, didn't necessarily shoot to kill, because they hadn't been successful yet, and whenever a search was sent out they never even found a trace of what direction they came from.

It was getting ridiculous, hardly anyone was aloud to leave the building, and Bucky was getting so paranoid. Not necessarily about himself. But about you. He hadn't let you leave since the agent had been shot and even kept an eye on you while you were inside.
"Bucky, I can't stand this any longer. Can I please go out and at least get some groceries?" You wined one morning.
"What if you get shot?" He challenged.
"I won't. I'm nobody." You shrugged.
"Yeah, that's what that agent was probably thinking too." He mumbled.
"Come on! It's the morning! All the shootings happened in the afternoon! And besides, there's been no activity for four days now." You begged.
"It's pretty random Kelly, they could shoot at any time I reckon." He tried to reason with you.
You resorted to giving him the puppy dog eyes.
"Fine. But I'm coming with you." He stated.
"Yay! Thank you!" You squealed and jumped up to get dressed.
You didn't even eat breakfast before running out the door of your guys little apartment and out into the main foyer of the tower. Bucky chased after you.
"Kelly wait for me!" He called as he finally caught up and grabbed you by the arm. "Just be careful please." He sighed as you walked out the door.

The minute you were out the door you felt him tense up.
"Buck, relax. They probably aren't even here." You muttered.
He didn't reply. He was just looking around on high alert and gripping your hand for dear life.

It all happened before you even heard the gun shot.
"No!" Bucky shouted.
One minute he was on your right side, holding your hand. The next he was lying on the concrete in front of you groaning. The sniper was here, and he had shot at you. But Bucky had jumped in front and blocked it. Confused and shocked, you looked down at him. He was clutching his right arm with his metal one, knees curled up to his chest as he rolled onto his side moaning as he screwed his eyes shut and his face contorted in pain.
"Buck!" You gasped and dropped to your knees.
Carefully, you removed his metal hand from his flesh arm and saw that the metal was slick with blood. The bullet wound was just above his elbow and blood was dribbling out of it.
"Bucky why did you do that!?" You exclaimed as you started to panic.
You knew it wasn't a life threatening wound for him but that didn't mean you weren't worried.
"Ah - I thought - I thought it was my - hssss - metal arm." He grunted as you examined the wound.
"Oh Bucky! You shouldn't have do-" You started but were cut off as he pushed you down to the ground and got up to run.
"I saw her!" He called as he took off into the bush.
"Buck wait!" You yelled frantically, but with his super speed he was gone in a flash.

SHIELD Agents had already come flooding outside at the sound of the commotion.
"What happened?" One asked.
"The sniper, they're back. Bucky's gone after them. Please help him. He's injured!" You exclaimed as you got to your feet.
A few went running in the direction you pointed while the others helped you inside.
"What happened?" Another asked.
"I don't know. But Bucky saw, he said her, and anticipated the shot so he blocked it from me. The bullet hit him in the right arm and then he just took off." You explained flustered.
"So its not serious?" They confirmed.
"Well no, but it'll need to be cleaned up!" You exclaimed.
"Yes of course." The man confirmed.

You waited with him in the foyer for only about ten minutes before Bucky stumbled back in, clutching his arm.
"We got her. The agents have her under investigation now." He huffed as all of you started to walk up to the infirmary.
They cleaned and stitched his wound and put his arm in a sling and he was good to go.
"Now, no supermarket this morning?" He joked as you walked back to your room.
"No super market this morning." You confirmed with a smile and entwined  fingers with his.