Right On Time

It was late mid morning when you woke up to a strong kick in your abdomin from yet another uneasy sleep after another night of expecting.
"Ugh, come on guys can't you please just let me sleep?" You groaned in frustration.
Yours and Bucky's twin baby girls were due any day now and judging on how exhausted and uncomfortable you were, both you and Bucky wanted those babies to hurry up. The other two had been staying on the farm with Uncle Clint since the start of the week much to their excitement to get them out of your hair while you waited. You were huge, like absolutely massive. You felt like a big fat useless blob that couldn't do anything. You couldn't see your feet, you couldn't bend down and touch your toes any longer. Not to mention the swelling of your ankles and pain in your back. You just wanted this to be over with already. This pregnancy had been worse than Summer's but better than Blue's thank god. But these last few weeks had been the worst of all. You just couldn't do anything and you were so tired and grouchy all the time.

You could hardly even turn over in bed and once you finally struggled to do so you were frustrated that after all the effort that took it turns out that Bucky wasn't even in the bed any longer. He must've gotten up already, which is fair enough, he shouldn't have to wait around for you. As usual he had been the best partner possible throughout this pregnancy. So supportive and protective and helpful. Even when you got unintentionally grumpy at him he didn't snap back. Those times when you woke up during the night to empty your guts into the toilet, he was right there behind you. But lately it had been hard for him because you were so moody that you often just wanted to be left alone when all he wanted to do was help you.

You grunted as you tried to swing yourself up into a sitting position and after a few failed attempts you finally managed to pull yourself up off the bed. Hardly able to walk, you waddled out to the kitchen hopping to find both Bucky and a snack waiting for you. Slowly you made your way into the lounge.

As you shuffled along you were just about to head into the kitchen when you noticed Bucky standing by the dining room table. Judging by what he was wearing it was clear that he had been out for a run.
"Morning." You mumbled.
He didn't reply. You looked at him and frowned.
"Bucky?" You asked him.
It was then that you noticed that he looked a bit off. His eyes didn't seem to be focussing on you and he seemed to be leaning back against the table for support. All of a sudden his face when dead pale and he started to sway around a little, just before you saw his eyes roll back in his head and he slumped to the ground.
"Oh fuck!" You cried out.
Not this. Not now. Anytime but this week when you needed him the most. In the 8 years that you had been together he had probably collapsed maybe 10 times. Although it was always still upsetting to you you had learned to stay calm. It was so random and so unpredictable as to when it would happen and when he would wake up. So far it never seemed to have any long term affects on him but there was still no way to stop it either.

Instantly forgetting your lust for food you made your way over to him as quickly as you possibly could. You bent down as much as you could and attempted to pull him up into a sitting position against you.
"Bucky!" You whisper shouted as you gently slapped his face. "Buck come on! Wake up!"
You tried this over and over again even though you knew that it never worked.
"James." You huffed annoyed. "Seriously wa- oh shit."
You stopped dead in your tracks as you felt a strange popping sensation in your lower abdomin and then the warm water started to trickle down your legs.
"Oh no. You have got to be kidding me." You mumbled to yourself. "Not right now."
You began to panic.
"Bucky! Bucky!" You shouted more frantically. "Bucky come o-AHHHHHHH AH FUCK!" You yelled as the first contraction hit you full on.
It was so intense that it caused you to have to sit down. You guessed this didn't get easier the more you did it.
"Ahhhh." You groaned and screwed up your face as you leaned back against the table for support. "Buckyyyy." You wined and looked down at his head in your lap as the pain passed, but there was no reply.
Once you had got over the initial shock you hauled yourself to your feet and headed for the phone.
Holding yourself up against the bench, you dialled the first number you could think of.
"Steve?" You stated the minute you heard him pick up. "Hello?"
"Kelly? Is everything alright?" He asked sensing the panic in your voice.
"Can you please come here right now. Bucky's collapsed and I've just gone into labour." You said frantically.
"Oh shit! Yep I'll be right over Kelly, just hang tight!" He exclaimed and hung up.